Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSR Legit?
CSR Legit?
Hi all- new to the forum. I moved to the mountains in SW Colorado and my long covid seemed manifest as mixed apnea about 6 months ago. I live at 9200'. CPAP did wonders for the OSA, but then my centrals went crazy. Now, I'm starting to see Cheyne Stokes flags as well. Screen shot attached. Does this look legit? With all the studies linking CSR to heart failure, I'm a little spooked. I'm in shape and can exercise strenuously without a prblem- especially at sea level. 

thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CSR Legit?
I know that high altitude can cause CSR/periodic breathing, even in healthy people. Since you're saying you at 9200' feet it might just be related to that. If you're worried about it, you could look into getting an ASV which would prevent that type of periodic breathing.

If you had a type of heart failure, I'm pretty sure you would start to notice symptoms.

Post a full screenshot of OSCAR so we can see your settings as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have an appt with a pulmonologist/sleep doc next week. My overall ahi ranges from 15-50 or so and 95% are centrals. So, even if the CSR stuff is no big deal, I do need more help since I feel pretty rough most days. I've attached the full screen from today. Is that what you meant? thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that's what I meant. Just make sure to get rid of the calendar on the left so that we can see the device settings.

Its definitely something if you are still feeling rough most days! The one thing that might help this is turning off EPR completely. It might help with the high altitude periodic breathing. Central apnea tends to be consistently inconsistent. Some days it will be better and others it will be horrible.

I would tell your doctor that you want to look into getting an ASV. ASV would completely get rid of all of those central apnea events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,608 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Is this legit (seller of used autoset)? gaydolphinorgy 2 634 04-04-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is this CPAP machine (AirSense10) on Amazon legit? mas.medi 9 4,577 07-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] is cpapdeals legit? davidalanreid 3 1,612 07-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Well I'm legit now cowboy1970 7 2,982 07-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.