Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSR - What causes & any concerns?
RE: CSR - What causes & any concerns?
That chart at http://imgur.com/a/ASLtz sure looks good. Too-funny hope this means that you will have a continued success at EPR=0.  Better to get the 3 to 5 OAI than having 9 to 23 mostly CAI.  And you can feel the difference.

Best to do this while you are waiting for doctor date.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 05:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nice to see the CSR is not a regular visitor.  In cases like yours, OA is not always accurately reported, and may have CA origins.  The machines are only "so" good at making the determination.  We might try keeping pressures lower by limiting max APAP pressure.   I'm thinking along the lines of 10.0 to 10.5.

Thanks Sleeprider - will drop to 10.5 on max. and try for a few days - might provide good info before my doctor appointment on Monday - will post progress...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 06:07 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: That chart at http://imgur.com/a/ASLtz sure looks good. Too-funny hope this means that you will have a continued success at EPR=0.  Better to get the 3 to 5 OAI than having 9 to 23 mostly CAI.  And you can feel the difference.

Best to do this while you are waiting for doctor date.

QAL

Thanks QAL - will gladly trade the CAs for OAs!  Sleeprider suggested bringing the Max down & going to try that as well - NO more CSR would really be nice!
Last nights results were very encouraging....
Post Reply Post Reply
A friendly reminder and warning ...

Don't get complacent and think that the issue is resolved because you are trending downward. Your CSR history suggests professional investigation.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I will also be interested in your progress.  It does appear that your CSR was machine induced.   You still need to continue to monitor cardiac function because CSR is a frequent response to CHF.  Having borderline CHF could make the machine trigger CSR at a lower threshold.  Hopefully CHF can continue to be ruled out.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 06:24 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: A friendly reminder and warning ...

Don't get complacent and think that the issue is resolved because you are trending downward. Your CSR history suggests professional investigation.

Best of luck.

Thanks srlevine1 - the process starts tomorrow by phone and with my primary care doctor on Monday for a checkup and referrals.

Best of luck to you as well....
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 08:49 PM)richb Wrote: I will also be interested in your progress.  It does appear that your CSR was machine induced.   You still need to continue to monitor cardiac function because CSR is a frequent response to CHF.  Having borderline CHF could make the machine trigger CSR at a lower threshold.  Hopefully CHF can continue to be ruled out.

Rich

Many thanks Rich - Really good progress made with the much appreciated help from this board.

Will document and report as much as possible in hopes of helping others get the sleep benefit from the machines at the other end of the hoses we find ourselves connected to.  Really impressed with the wealth of data (hopefully converted to good information that will benefit all of us) that lies within this apnea forum.  I cannot say enough how much the time spent by all of the people freely giving their precious time is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 06:15 PM)TexasTiger Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 05:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nice to see the CSR is not a regular visitor.  In cases like yours, OA is not always accurately reported, and may have CA origins.  The machines are only "so" good at making the determination.  We might try keeping pressures lower by limiting max APAP pressure.   I'm thinking along the lines of 10.0 to 10.5.

Thanks Sleeprider - will drop to 10.5 on max. and try for a few days - might provide good info before my doctor appointment on Monday - will post progress...
Not a good night last night at 10.6 APAP Max.   No CSRs but all went up including % of CAs.   Bouncing off high limit for too much total time.
Also,  cluster of CAs from last night still looks a lot like the CSRs but not labeled as CSR.  
Think maybe better to drop maybe .4 cm from better night before last (11.6 max.) to 11.2 and see if results are better?
Your thoughts (or anyone else who cares to comment) on those changes?

Charts from last night and night before in same IMGUR album   http://imgur.com/a/ASLtz  

Added Note:  Nights with fewer or no groups of CAs do not seem to have the CSR attributes.  Seems to be there only on nights with high total AHI and on those nights most groups of CAs seem to have the signature CSR rhythmic increase/decrease characteristic.  Would like to see if getting the total AHI and % of CA better controlled if that might limit the CSR occurrences.  I have studied the effects of the "Vagus Nerve" on body functions and based on mine and other's findings it appears that my heart rhythm problems begin when I feel a tightening and vibration in this nerve (runs from the groin area to the upper body/brain connection and carries heart and respiratory rhythm functions).  This also has breathing control (Vagal Functioning) so I think that the two are connected - lot of writing on this but no medical group has ever investigated).  Of concern because 30 years ago a 4x6x6 cm. mass was found at the base of my spine (unknown and not operable) which may also have something to do with all of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
looks interesting. I would say that the exhales during the rattle-jack CA episodes are suggestive of highly agitated possibly restrictive (or throttling) airflow. This is also just before waking so it may be associated with your "I'm done sleeping for a while" business.

Sleeper noted in some recent posts that exhale pressure is an important key to retaining an open airway, and reduction of OAs.

I suggest you raise the starting point to 9.0 or 9.5, and keep your maximum at 10.6 for now.

and look into Vagus Nerve pressure points. pressure points can also be places to apply balm such as vaporub or hotfreeze.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limit is not on the graphs, but the summary indicates they are not a problem. That makes me question the OA events. How are you feeling these days compared to before the CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 366 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [Treatment] A few concerns about Clear Airway/Leak Rates/Flow Limits jlsmithseven 1 538 01-23-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: jlsmithseven
  [split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns narual 4 809 11-20-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  New to CPAP, Some Questions/Concerns CPAPrincess 20 1,955 04-28-2022, 08:56 PM
Last Post: CPAPrincess
  Concerns of Diagnosis After 1 Week crashbandicoot 0 533 04-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: crashbandicoot
  Concerns about new AirCurve 10 ASV lostie42 17 4,250 10-29-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.