Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Calendar issues and Sleepy Head
Calendar issues and Sleepy Head
I sleep well last night.  I did not have a very dry mouth at night or in the morning when I woke up.
I have been having insomnia issues, but I seemed to overcome it last night.  My data is here:

http://imgur.com/a/OcdO7

I turned off the calender in Sleepy Head a few days ago.  And my BiPAP unit is not working well.  I am not sure what is causing the issue, but sleepy head reports no data on Aug 1.
It puts a data stamp on my data as July 31 when it was from last night (Aug 1st).  I am not sure if it is my broken BiPAP machine or an issue with Sleepy Head.

Am I screwing things up in sleepy head if I turn the calender off?

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calendar issues and Sleepy Head
I'm looking forward to the new machine and more reliable data. When we first looked at your results, the problem was many centrals caused by the pressure support of 6 cm that was in use. I think the current range of PS 2-5 is working fine, although we are seeing hypopnea and a few OA coming through. If the pressures and results are to be believed, It appears you need to take EPAP min to 6.0 and PS min to 3.0. No other changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a couple of possibilities for the date mis-match. 1) The clock in your machine may have lost time or date over the years - unfortunately, I don't think it can be corrected. 2) It's possible the timezone isn't set correctly in SleepyHead's Preferences. 3) Unlikely, but it's possible that your computer's clock isn't set correctly. 4) Last but not least, you may have found a bug in SleepyHead - did you go to bed after midnight?

Fortunately, none of those are likely to affect the data collected, so just make a note of the mis-match, and see if it is consistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 09:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It appears you need to take EPAP min to 6.0 and PS min to 3.0.  No other changes.

Done.  I will see how tonight goes.  I became markedly better after the big changes to my BiPAP machine. 

I have been having issues of dry mouth and blowing my nose all morning.  But today it has been much better.  Very little dry mouth. Still a tad wet nose.  But better.  Maybe it takes a few weeks for me to adjust.  My energy levels have been much better.  Looking forward to my new machine.  About 4 more weeks.....

Thanks for all the help.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholynyk....

Thank you for your post.  Yes, I hit the sack before midnight.  I went to bed around 9PM.

Computer date and time - check OK.

My 'one foot in the grave' BiPAP machine - Uh, can't get into it to check date and time...I see a battery on the motherboard in my BiPAP machine, but as of now, do not know of a way to check or change the time in my unit. 

Sleepy Head time zone setting -

You may have found something.  Here in Ecuador, they do not move the clock around during different times of the year (unlike most other latian amerian countries) .  I selected central time when I set it up - but that will change soon when the clocks fall back in the fall in the USA. If Sleepy Head had a selection for just GMT- 7 that would work. I do have a selection for Ecuador, but I have to choose a time zone on top of that.  I have no good choices....

EncoreBasic date stamps correctly the date I stick my SD card into it.  I changed the settings on my SD card today and it had todays date correct.  I also put my SD card into EncoreBasic yesterday and it correctly recorded that date as 8/1/17.

Well, as long as I know that sleep head is uploading correct data each day, I am happy even if the date is off.  I believe it is doing that. 

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 10 251 5 minutes ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 161 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 515 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 224 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 128 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 132 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 140 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.