Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Calling all dreamwear users
Idea 
Calling all dreamwear users
Hopefully I got your attention , I've been debating on a dreamwear mask and might try one when insurance allows me to replace the current one I have . Using a nuance pillow mask and quite happy with it. But would like to try the dreamwear .

My questions I have are 

How noisy is the mask frame ? Like hear air rushing ?
How noisy and how much air can be felt in the vent and nose or face ?

Overall how happy are you with the dreamwear masks ? 

As well as anything else you would like to ask 

This thread I'd love to hear from any of all dreamwear users that use any style , nasal , pillow , full face.  Wheather you have used or currently 
feed back would be appreciated with the style of dreamwear be great !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calling all dreamwear users
As a former dreamwear nasal pillow and hybrid full face mask user, it had both advantages and disadvantages. Advantages:  I first got the nasal pillow attachment.  Basic pillow mask it was to me.  The major advantage of the dreamwear was that I could purchase the hybrid full face mask attachment and straps for not much $, and use them with the original frame to have a 2nd mask. You can also purchase the nasal attachment that is not pillows.  The one with the small opening (hole) to fit under your nose (so you then can try 3 different mask types with the same frame).  Pretty economical and probably a good attempt at a 1st mask IMO. 
Disadvantages:  pretty noisy.   Also, it attached at the top of my head (where the swivel is where the hose attaches).  I personally like the swivel attachment in the front of my masks.  But you may like it on top.  It might take a several attempts to get he correct size of pillows and hybrid mask, etc. also.  
This just my opinion.  Get the opinion of others also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my take on the DreamWear mask.

I was gifted a DreamWear nasal cushion mask and thought I’d give it a go. I loved the softness of the silicone. I found it noisy, not from the frame but from the air diffusing from the cushion. However, the small was too small and the medium was too large resulting in excessive leaks. It is also possible the excessive leaking I experienced was in part responsible for the noise. Bear in mind, facial structure has a lot to do with proper fit. I have not tried the DreamWear pillow or full face. For me, using a FFM almost resulted in my giving up CPAP…horrible experience (I was using the AirTouch F20).

I ended up using the ResMed N30i as I like the over-the-head frame. With the N30i I experienced a similar issue in regards to cushion fit…small was too small, medium too large. However, in the fit pack I bought was a small-wide cushion. I figured “what the heck” and gave it a go. It was a perfect fit with zero leaks repeatedly and I’ve been using it ever since with great success. Also, I use the DreamWear headgear on my N30i as I find the ResMed headgear slips and the DreamWear is nice and snug. It doesn’t move one bit.

Hope you find this helpful. Also note…didn’t proofread as I’m heading out the door so apologies for typos and grammar.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the information ! Appears to be pretty universal ! The nasal portion with the hole is it one big slit ? Or two holes
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the response ! The information helps , grammar looks good but then again it's not my strong point ! 

I don't blame you with the f20 ! I was given a trial p10 for my sleep study ! Hated it at the time .  Got exchanged with Evora . Loved the Evora but would wake up with leaks. 

Went to a different dme as I had a dislike with them . So tired a different place and they where like the f20 is a go to mask . I used it and hated it !  One night went back for a different lady and she was like that's my least favorite mask lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
You’re welcome BluesV6. The nasal cushion on the DreamWear is one slit vs 2 on the ResMed N30i cushion.

The F20 seems to be the go to for a lot of DMEs. I was also offered the N20 and am glad I never went with it. It was at that point I decided to do it on my own.

The Evora nasal mask is very nice and soft. Fairly quiet (I used it for a couple of months). If you don’t like the over-the-head frame at least the Evora is more traditional.

TBH…I went through at least 12 masks before finding THE ONE. This is something I don’t wish on anyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply ! The clinic that strongly recommends the f20 I'd be interested to see how many stick with cpap .

I hear you on the mask ! Some people get lucky ! 

I went through 4 face masks , one nasal and 3 pillow mask ! I settled in the nuance pro gel pillow and having success . But not sold with the vent and how high frame comes up on my delicate cheek bones ? 

I couldn't imagine 12 marks !
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using DreamWear silicone nasal pillows. It's light and easy to put on without the need to adjust straps. You can put or remove quickly especially when waking up during sleep (for toilet maybe). Also, the partner can fit it on the one's face while sleeping if forgot to.

I do hear some air rushing through the mask but it is not annoying. The mask leak is almost ZERO. There are two holes which emit air (I do not know their purpose) one is in the front of the mask under the nose and the other is on the elbow on your head. They are not annoying at all, but sometimes to the bed partner.

Another good point is that the tube connects from top with rotating elbow where you can hange it on your bed's head board easily without concerning to take care about it while changing sleeping position.

I am not comparing it to any other masks because it is the only mask I used since I started my therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,805 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 104 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 356 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 866 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 345 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,319 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.