Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I delete a profile in Oscar?
Can I delete a profile in Oscar?
Does Oscar allow the deletion of a profile, while keeping another/others? I couldn't find a way to do so.
JU
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I delete a profile in Oscar?
Go to the Profiles tab, select the profile you wish to delete, then look at the lower right of the screen for, "Destroy Profile". Press it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Nope!

I created a profile in error but OSCAR (v.1.3.1) will NOT let me delete the profile since "it contains no data."

Duhhh. That *IS* the reason I want to delete the profile -- The profile *IS* listed in the profiles list, and I want to remove it so it does NOT get selected (by default, etc.) in error when I am uploading SD card data.

Should I file a bug report against OSCAR v1.3.1 (and how to/where) or . . . .    ??

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go into the OSCAR_Data/Profiles directory and delete the username folder to remove the account.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have created Issue #338 in the Mantis Issue Tracker

Thanks for bringing it to our attention
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2022, 02:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Go into the OSCAR_Data/Profiles directory and delete the username folder to remove the account.

Thank you for the well intentioned information.

(1) Personally, I do NOT recommend this hack. 
I have a computer background (retired) and doing the above deleted (or at least made inaccessible to OSCAR) the "good" profile data as well (but note, the "good" folder and folder name were NOT modified, deleted, etc.; OSCAR simply had an empty or inaccessible profile!) -- even though I did NOT touch that profile.  Luckily I have all of the data backed up and I restored my profile data. (Added: I am using a Dell PC with Windows 11, 64-bit.)

(2) For the adventurous among us, information to help locate this profile folder on your flavor of desktop PC:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Organization_-_Profile_Page

It is good to see this issue will be addressed in future releases (I hope). 

It would also be nice to be able to rename profiles (e.g., to fix typos that got by us, etc.)

(04-02-2022, 03:04 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I have created Issue #338 in the Mantis Issue Tracker

Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Thank you as well!

It is good to see this issue will be addressed in future releases (I hope). 

If possible, it would also be nice to be able to rename profiles (e.g., to fix typos that got by us, etc.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you may have a corrupted Data directory. I went back and created 2 different user profiles to my existing OSCAR data directory, both empty of data. Using the "Destroy Profile" on one and deleting on the other, like I advised earlier. Both methods worked without any problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried both of Crimson Nape's methods on my Mac and they both delete an empty profile (no data) with no problem.

First method:
  1. Created a profile named "blank"
  2.  set location and TZ
  3. Added name blank
  4. finished creating profile
  5. window changed to new profile
  6. switched to Profiles tab
  7. highlighted "blank" profile
  8. clicked "Destroy Profile"
  9. Entered DELETE into the popup, profile gone.

Second method:
  1. Follow steps 1 thru 5 above
  2. quit OSCAR
  3. open OSCAR
  4. select "blank" profile from choices
  5. click "Destroy Profile"
  6. Entered DELETE into popup, profile gone
Third method:
  1. follow steps 1 thru 5 from the first method
  2. quit OSCAR
  3. used Finder to delete the "blank" profile in the OSCAR_Data/Profiles folder
  4. Open OSCAR
  5. profile gone
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 109 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 132 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,762 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 614 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 517 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.