Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I still get Encore Viewer software to work? Windows 10...
Can I still get Encore Viewer software to work? Windows 10...
Hi I have old Mako "Infineer" Card Reader for Old Respironics BiPap Auto SV SMARTCARD. Also someone sent me "Encore Viewer" Software Version 1.0.0.03 CD. I "installed" it onto my Windows 10 Dell Computer... Comes up with, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application" error message (can get software to open but software functions don't work.)
I think I tried one download here somewhere which I couldn't get to work either...

Can anyone give me advice? Really can't afford a newer Auto SV unit and desparately need to start getting the info from my machine...
Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I still get Encore Viewer software to work? Windows 10...
Hi Val, I don't run Windows, but until someone chimes in, have you tried EncoreBasic version 2.4.8.0 instead of EncoreViewer?

It's available here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

If you can get EncoreBasic to work for you, I'm pretty sure it's going to give you a lot more useful info than EncoreViewer.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so I instead went to link on this site and downloaded Encore Basic--Yay and thanks apneaboard! But now it says, "Device not found" hmmm...
When I USB in my used Mako Infineer... I hear the familiar "windows tune" that tells you it know you just plugged something in. However--it doesn't automatically OPEN as most devices would, and it doesn't show up under "this PC". However it does show under my computers devices (which I discovered by clicking on my computer's lower taskbar arrow, and choosing, "Safely remove hardware and eject media", and it gave me "Eject Mako DT3500 Smartcard Reader" as an option, but when I clicked, "Open devices and printers" instead, it showed up under devices. So it's THERE...
I noticed the card reader has the red light on though, so I tried putting card back in so then it shows green for about 10 seconds before turning red again. I even tried reinserting just before asking EncoreBasic to "Download from Device" so that it was showing green during command, but it just says, "A Phillips Respironics datacard was not found". My card IS and encore pro smartcard...
Anyone have any suggestions?
Note:
when I FIRST loaded the EncoreBasic, at FIRST it said "Card doesn't belong to this patient". I downloaded anyway, and it seemed to download SOME info from last 3 months (but didn't show last day or two, and info seemed sparse i.e. no waveforms). Anyway, I thought I'd "Assign" the card (to patient Me) even though it said this would delete any data. When I did this command, it just twirled and twirled and seemed to freeze up program (it wasn't responding) so I shut it down after waiting 20 minutes. THEN when I re-opened it did all of the above --That is, now I have the problem that it won't detect a card at all. Frustrating!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow Thanks SuperSleeper! I was composing the above I think while you were trying to help. Agreed--Encore Basic makes a lot more sense anyway! Thanks so much! Don't know if you can help with my next question...?
Post Reply Post Reply
Val - I wish I could help, but I have no clue what's causing the issue... but we have a lot of talented and knowledgeable people on Apnea Board, so I'm hopeful someone will come along soon who can help you.

Just keep checking this thread and maybe someone can come up with a solution later today or tomorrow...

If the thread gets lost with no replies, feel free to bump it to the top again by replying.

Good luck!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again and maybe I'll repost under new topic since topic has changed. One last question you might have knowledge of though...

I noticed the EncoreBasic didn't seem to have my machine listed--The old Phillips Respironics BiPap Auto SV (they listed the Auto but not Auto SV). Do you know if that will be a problem?

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2016, 10:16 PM)ValGal333 Wrote: I noticed the EncoreBasic didn't seem to have my machine listed--The old Phillips Respironics BiPap Auto SV (they listed the Auto but not Auto SV). Do you know if that will be a problem?

You know, I'd bet that's exactly the case. Pretty sure the current version of EncoreBasic doesn't support the older pre-2007 style Respironics machines.

See this graphic:

[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Val,
Can you detect the SD card in windows?? ie F:
right mouse click on the SD card, Format.

When you place the card back into your CPAP/BiPap machine, data will be written to the card. - it does with my BiPap.

Post Reply Post Reply
hallo, habe Encore unter Windows 10 ohne erfolg ausprobiert, habe ein pc mit Windows 8 32 bit eingerichtet aber brauche EncoreViewer 1.0 
Könntest es mir schicken. Danke im Forraus.

TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH by Moderator

hello, have tried Encore under Windows 10 without success, have a pc with Windows 8 32 bit set up but need EncoreViewer 1.0
Could send it to me. Thanks in the Forraus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2017, 02:29 PM)anton Wrote: hallo, habe Encore unter Windows 10 ohne erfolg ausprobiert, habe ein pc mit Windows 8 32 bit eingerichtet aber brauche EncoreViewer 1.0 
Könntest es mir schicken. Danke im Forraus.

TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH by Moderator

hello, have tried Encore under Windows 10 without success, have a pc with Windows 8 32 bit set up but need EncoreViewer 1.0
Could send it to me. Thanks in the Forraus.

anton,
If your using the M Series as shown in you profile, I would doubt that Encore Basic would work for you.

Mabye someone else will know. Dont-know
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 880 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 166 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,550 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 450 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 621 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 355 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 661 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.