Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use ds1 card with resmed 11?
Can I use ds1 card with resmed 11?
I got a resmed 11 to replace recalled ds1 some time ago

Sleep started being not as good a couple months after, I finally thought of this forum and found out about oscar

Turns out no card in the resmed 11, just a placeholder piece of plastic!

Is the card in the ds1 useable in it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use ds1 card with resmed 11?
Yes! Format the SD card prior to using it on your AS11. It should be formatted to a FAT32, if you are presented options. If you have any DS1 data to use in OSCAR, make sure to separate the DS1's and the AS11's data by using different user profiles.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is actually a little tricky: OSCAR imports all machines it finds on the card. So even if you create a new profile, OSCAR will try to import both if they're both on the card.

Since it's best to have Resmed and Philips data in separate profiles, you'd be best off using a new card for the Resmed. Or, at least, reformatting the card after backing up the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not working out so far

I got the SD card formatting utility suggested on another thread to format the SD card.

After several nights, I try and import. I get the message that it find a resmed file structure, but then no valid machine data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have the AS11 powered down (no power) prior to inserting the SD card in the AS11? Many have reported that the AS11 will not connect to the SD card unless it's in the AS11 during a power up sequence.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not, it does show the loading the card screen.

I'll give this a shot though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok inserted with power off, slept last night, still no machine data

Maybe the card from 2016 is too old to work with a resmed 11? the SD formatting utility did it as fat 16
Post Reply Post Reply
As Red said earier... "Yes! Format the SD card prior to using it on your AS11. It should be formatted to a FAT32,"
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't get to select the fat you want, the other thread says the utility will format it to the size appropriate which is what it did without choice
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2022, 08:29 AM)plaidwandering Wrote: You don't get to select the fat you want, the other thread says the utility will format it to the size appropriate which is what it did without choice

You *do* get to control the file system (FAT32, exFat, other), if you format it on your computer. When you stick it in you CPAP device you are completely dependent on its handling of the file system and any existing data.

This is how I belive ResMed Air handle it:
  • Non FAT32 File System, format as FAT32
  • FAT32 File System, do not format
  • FAT32 File System with existing ResMed device data on SD Card, rewrite ResMed data files and new Device serial (if different)
  • FAT32 File System with existing non-ResMed device data on SD Card, write new ResMed data structures, leave non-ResMed files alone.
I like to specifically reformat SD Card as FAT32, I simply don't have full confidence the device handles all situations properly and leaves some surprises for OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 96 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,374 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 595 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 991 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
  Resmed S10 Modem and SD card gdahl 5 1,029 03-07-2023, 11:52 AM
Question No Data on ResMed AS10 data card?? DoubtFire61 8 1,108 01-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.