Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can OSCAR show the RESMED Response Mode in Machine Settings
Can OSCAR show the RESMED Response Mode in Machine Settings
Hi All not sure if this is possible or if it should be a feature request....

Just a minor thing:

Using the Resmed Airsense 10 I am trying different Response Modes: I can change between Standard and Soft Mode

In the Daily > Details > Machine Settings I can't see where this is listed or displayed in OSCAR.

Is it possible to read this from the SD card and display this somewhere like ResScan does: I would like to move away from that software?

Or does it already display and I am just not seeing it?

[attachment=27493]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can OSCAR show the RESMED Response Mode in Machine Settings
As you have noted, the ResMed Response mode is not shown. Adding this requires changes to the database, so is not easy to do. This feature is on our list of desired improvements.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guy for confirming that.

It sounds like this would *not* be time not well spent for you and the development team, so unless there is a need for this from others, best to leave this on the back-burner.

Easier for me to just add this to my spreadsheet, and take it from there.

OSCAR is superb the way it is, I really don't know how pappers get on without it.

Huge thanks for the software, the Wiki's and the amazing information in this community.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
A major DB redo is on our list, so we will eventually get to this. Obviously there is much to consider when doing this which includes knowing what available info are we not presenting so thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 05:14 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: As you have noted, the ResMed Response mode is not shown.  Adding this requires changes to the database, so is not easy to do. This feature is on our list of desired improvements.
Adding another vote for this improvement, when the time is appropriate.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Response mode should only require adding a new channel on import. It might not require the full DB overhaul?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think adding a new channel would be easy, but the Settings box code needs to be re-worked to allow for interlocking channels - the temperature and humidity automatic and manual settings come to mind.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
For PRS1, I put all that logic into the importer, if I understand you correctly. For example, if the humidifier is off, it doesn't import a humidification level. Then the settings box draws the right thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is probably the best way to do it; it allows for the quirks of each machine to be taken care of.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 750 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 123 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 510 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.