Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can Oscar recompute daily stats for a user-selection part of a day?
Can Oscar recompute daily stats for a user-selection part of a day?
Don't know if it's a widespread occupational hazard, but my 4+ decades as a computer programmer left me a night-owl (or maybe my inherent night-owl tendencies drew me to programming  Unsure). Even though I'm retired now I still have trouble getting to sleep at night and often sleep until well after dawn in order to get enough sleep.

I've been studying my DS1/DS2 data in Oscar and noticed that on most days the bulk of my AHI occurs in the morning after the sun comes up and it makes me wonder what my AHI looks like if I exclude the post-dawn hours of sleep (see attached image)

I know I could manually count events and calculate what I'm looking for, but I wonder if Oscar might already have a slicker way to do this, such as recalculating statistics when a user selects a subset of the timeline for the current day in the Daily view as I have in the attachment?

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can Oscar recompute daily stats for a user-selection part of a day?
If your sleep sessions are broken into "bathroom" segments, you can deselect the session at the bottom of the Daily Screen - Detail tab.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that information. I generally wake up pre-dawn, if at all, and need to pee so that works some nights.

When I was trying that I noticed this apparent quirk in the data. For the first 40 minutes of the night, when I didn't feel like I slept at all, my DS2 reported the following. There are no events flagged at all, yet my AHI goes up to 4 near the end. How can AHI be > 0 without any events being noticed?

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Post Reply Post Reply
Pay no attention to the AHI graph. It is a "look-pretty" holdover from Sleepyhead and doesn't bring anything to the party. Its reporting has no bearing on your therapy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is calculate on a per user selection part of a day. look at the top bar on the flow rate graph. it has AHI listed for the current selection.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
You have no hypopneas showing on the events chart, are they enabled.

The AHI chart is a 1 hr running average. I suspect you are having hypopneas that are not being shown.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good call; hypopneas were not enabled. Now they are, and I see where the AHI activity came from.

My subjective experience was that I never fell asleep; as soon as I laid down my nose started getting congested and I eventually got up to tend to that before going back to bed and still not falling asleep.  Not usually a problem. Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 594 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 534 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,061 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR deleting part of data Walter60 3 888 06-29-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR with 2 machines, 1 user edfreeman 3 545 04-30-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 940 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question OSCAR Daily Data with Airsense 11 SJKEMP 2 1,513 02-22-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SJKEMP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.