Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can oximeter import precede CPAP import?
Can oximeter import precede CPAP import?
(apologies if this has been answered already--I did search, without success)

I have been diligent about waiting to import oximeter data into OSCAR until AFTER I have downloaded/imported the CPAP data for the period of the unimported oximeter data. But is that actually necessary?

Since OSCAR is CPAP-centric (very reasonably), I could see how perhaps importing oximeter data before date-corresponding CPAP records exist might not have been accommodated. And don't want to find out by just giving it a try since I've no idea what kind of mess I might have to clean up. ;-)

Thanks -- JT

(if curious about Why I ask:  My Wellvue/Viatom oximeter only stores 4 or 5 sessions before overwriting, and of course the CPAP card does not have that limitation. So I download the Oxy data into its data store very few days. Without going into the boring details of backing-up my data, etc., my process would be a tad simpler if I did not have to be careful about when I could import the oximeter data to OSCAR. But I'm not requesting that capability if it does not already exist-- it's NOT an important feature, to me at least. )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can oximeter import precede CPAP import?
On the instructions I remember it said you must download the Cpap Oscar information first then O2 information.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a Windows OS, you can import several days worth of Wellue/Viatom data by selecting multiple files during import. This would allow you to import several days of CPAP data, then select all the SpO2 files for import at once. I don't remember if multiple file selection is available on a Mac. I know multiple file selection will not work on a Linux box.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacy:   Thanks.  I was pretty sure that once upon a time I had read said instructions, and is why I've been careful to delay importing oximeter data until after CPAP data for the relevant dates. But there have been other cases where software changes had been made that I did not learn about until seeing it mentioned in this forum. So it seemed worth asking.
     Especially since my nephew has recently entered Apnea World (just sent him links to this site and the OSCAR download). When I talk him through a few of the steps I didn't want to stress the importance of "CPAP first" without making sure it was actually (still) necessary.

Crimson: Thanks--- I have a Win 10 system (as does my nephew) and don't have any problem importing multiple oximeter data files at a time. That was an issue in the past-- that was addressed in a software update (and I learned about in this forum, Stacy ;-)   Meanwhile, since you're a Moderator I'll assume the answer is definitively "Don't import Viatom Oximeter data for the week beginning Feb 2 until you have imported CPAP data for that period". 

Thanks, all.     JT
Post Reply Post Reply
Please don't confuse my member title with my knowledge level. I just have been using OSCAR for a while. OSCAR is primarily designed to analyze CPAP data. Think of the SpO2 data as offering a supporting role to this analysis. Keeping this in mind, I would recommend that you import the CPAP data first and then add the supporting SpO2 data. That way you shouldn't experience any "April Fool" moments.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 04:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you are using a Windows OS, you can import several days worth of Wellue/Viatom data by selecting multiple files during import. This would allow you to import several days of CPAP data, then select all the SpO2 files for import at once.  I don't remember if multiple file selection is available on a Mac.

On the Mac you can select the enclosing folder that holds the Viatom SpO2 files. Fun bonus: OSCAR assumes the name of that folder is the serial number of your oximeter (which it is by default).

And the old requirement of importing CPAP before oximetry is no longer necessary. You shouldn't need to pay any special attention to which you import first. So jtmAZ did recall correctly that there was a requirement -- it's just not required any more. If someone still sees it lurking in the wiki or documentation somewhere, please let me know so we can remove it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2021, 09:10 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: So jtmAZ did recall correctly that there was a requirement -- it's just not required any more. If someone still sees it lurking in the wiki or documentation somewhere, please let me know so we can remove it!

Oximetry Import Wizard and also on the OIW's Information page.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape-erator :     Gracias.  Clearly, importing oximeter data and some other features are add-on modifications to the original core CPAP software. But I've developed enough software (back in the day) to not be shocked if OSCAR's current developers might have bullet-proofed the application against faux pas importing. That stuff is generally a time/priority balancing act.  

I have/use OSCAR (and O2 InsightPro for the oximeter) on a desktop PC. But I have a laptop I could load up with a parallel config, for experiments-- and might do that just to satisfy my curiosity. If I ever do, I'll be happy to report back with whatever I learn.

thx again-- JT
Post Reply Post Reply
OOOOOPS ...  Replied to Crimson's reply before seeing the comments from Sawinglogz.  Never mind. ;-)

(and I apologize for misspelling your name, Stacey)

JT
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just confirmed that there is one situation where CPAP data must be imported before oximetry data.

If you are using the Oximetry Wizard, and importing via USB cable, you cannot set the synchronization date beyond the last date for which there is data in the database. So if CPAP data base not been imported for last night, you cannot import oximetry data for last night.

This restriction does not apply when importing data files, such as from the Contec SpO2 Assistant, Viatom, etc. The restriction applies only when using the wizard and USB cable.

The workaround is to import oximetry data into your computer using SpO2 Assistant and then import the assistant's data file into OSCAR using that option in the Oximetry wizard.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 149 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,751 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 268 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.