Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
I recorded sleep with a CMS 50D+, which I've seen being recommended in several threads. But for the life of me cannot figure out how to pull up the data on my computer. I've tried everything.

Put in the little disk, installation complete. I click on the desktop icon, SpO2 Assistant. It gives two main options, Connect Device, and Open File.

Both are dead ends. This is after I connected the cord to the oximeter device and then connected the other end into my USB port. I also disconnected and reconnected, made no difference.

When I hit "Connect Device" I get a small box that says Device Found: 1, Connect Themod, and below are checkboxes for USB and Bluetooth. I uncheck Bluetooth. Below is a chart, first column says "Con..." and below that is COM3. Below "ID" it says "use..." and below "Store..." it says Yes.   I have no idea what this is. Nothing is clickable. 

If I hit "Open File" it pulls up "Demo SpO2." If I open that it's just a pretend summary of data. There is no other dropdown that prompts to upload whatever data is in the oximetry device. 

I've been playing around with everything for quite a while and keep hitting these deadends. The "Device Found" box, by the way, has no option to close it out. Once it appears, it's stuck there, and prevents me from doing anything with the main program that opens when I hit the icon. To retry, I must hit the icon again. I now have five programs open for this oximeter. Can't find my data anywhere.

The instruction booklet is worthless, not to mention the font size is microscopic and requires a magnifying lens to view.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
Try looking here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:When I hit "Connect Device" I get a small box that says Device Found: 1, Connect Themod, and below are checkboxes for USB and Bluetooth. I uncheck Bluetooth. Below is a chart, first column says "Con..." and below that is COM3. Below "ID" it says "use..." and below "Store..." it says Yes.   I have no idea what this is. Nothing is clickable.

On this screen, high light the COM3, then "USE",  this should put in the correct path,

The program does not now where the OXY is connected..

...  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
It's already highlighted. In fact, if I click on any point along the row of cells, the entire thing highlights dark blue, all at once. It's not possible to highlight COM3 first. If I click that, all lights up.

However, after that point, nothing happens. If I right click, nothing. If I double click, nothing. I've tried this in all cells. I cannot manipulate anything. All I can do is highlight the row of cells.
Post Reply Post Reply
jaswilliams seems to 'have that bull by the horns'.  check out http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...D-software
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW I'm using the wire/USB that came with the kit.
I also don't use Sleepyhead...haven't even been diagnosed; will be taking home sleep study soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked out the thread and it's just too technical. Don't even know what this F7 is. I've gotten no prompts. Whenever I've ever put in a disk and installed a program, it gives prompts and it's good to go. 

This thing just seems defective somehow. I'm doing everything right. Using the wire/cable it came with. Making sure it's plugged in firmly on both ends.

The thread instructions also pertain to Sleepyhead, which I don't even use. I just want to see what my sats and HR were overnight.
Post Reply Post Reply
This youtube how to on the 50f may assist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXa3omW-tas
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'm seeing what the problem is right off the bat. When the youtube person clicks the icon for "Connect device," what appears is entirely different than what I see. I see a box called "No available device found," and below that it says "Connect Themod."

I can't make sense of this because by the time I click on "Connect device," I have already inserted the oximeter's USB into my computer, while the other end is inserted into the oximeter.

I'm going to take a picture of what I see on my screen and then insert the image in a future post here. Right now I'm away from home and not able to do it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi K.L.
I had problems with my oximeter when it first got it.
It has to be ON to download data, but it automaticaly turns off.
My solution is to put my finger in it to keep it on while I download the data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 213 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 136 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.