Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
RE: Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
(11-19-2017, 03:43 PM)K.L. Wrote: Is there a way to insert an image that's not a website link?

When I click the "Insert an image" option here, it pulls up a box asking for an URL.

I just took six screenshots of what I see when I work with the Sp02 program, and have them as images on my desktop.

I thought I'd be able to then attach these to the forum here. But I can't find where to do that.

I have no idea how to convert desktop images to an URL.

????

Short answer; No. You have to use an image hosting service like, imgur to publish your images. It's free to join. You then would upload your images to their site and post the link to them here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2017, 03:43 PM)K.L. Wrote: Is there a way to insert an image that's not a website link?

When I click the "Insert an image" option here, it pulls up a box asking for an URL.

I just took six screenshots of what I see when I work with the Sp02 program, and have them as images on my desktop.

I thought I'd be able to then attach these to the forum here. But I can't find where to do that.

I have no idea how to convert desktop images to an URL.

????
Try this - works for any image:

http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Below are links to six screenshots. A few are sideways due to a glitch on the image hosting site.

#1. Meter turned on, per instruction of previous post.
#2. Image showing me about to click on the program.
#3. What I see when the program opens up.
#4. What opens up after I click on the left image that's shown in #3.
#5. What opens up after I click on the right image that's shown in #3.
#6. What opens up after I click on the "demo" that's shown in #5.

Can't figure out a way to get beyond any of these points.

You can now see why I am totally lost with what appears to be a very user unfriendly system.

I've also clicked on the various tab programs that run across the top in #3, but all are dead ends. 

1     https://i.imgur.com/5JkRUAA.jpg

2     https://i.imgur.com/krLMxrk.jpg

3     https://i.imgur.com/l6UQNi9.jpg

4     https://i.imgur.com/3wqmcyi.jpg

5     https://i.imgur.com/4TVHF4g.jpg

6     https://i.imgur.com/Bh7zM2f.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh! It's not obvious, because you only have one oximeter plugged in (duh...), but you need to click on the blue bar that has COM3 - the one (and only) that you want to upload. And then somewhere you will see a box labeled (something like) 'Read data only', click that, and I think it's fairly obvious from there on.
One other item, though; after you have the data up, you need to do 'Save As' to save the data somewhere in your Documents folder, so that SleepyHead (and other programs) can access it.
I hope this helps; come back if something isn't clear.
Truly, that software is terribly unhelpful.

Actually, the USB interface chip is quite commonly used, so you might have another device using it plugged in. The problem is that Contec didn't apply for their own vendor and product IDs to uniquely identify their device.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've already tried everything possible with the blue bar COM3. But I just tried it again. I click once. I click twice, many times, even right click. Absolutely nothing happens. No box appears or anything that says "read data only." As I'm trying this the oximeter is connected, via the white cord, to the computer USB port. The oximeter is on, too, showing the option to record (per a previous poster here). This should not be so difficult. Contec sucks. I can't believe other people are getting data with this system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this:

First, highlight the COM8 (or COM3 or COMwhatever) when it's connected (that's your oximeter). The bar will become blue.
  • Uncheck Bluetooth.
  • Check View device stored data only.
  • Click Connect.
[Image: DSTQXpS.jpg]

Next...
  • Check (click the box so a check mark appears) the first and most likely only line (1, user, 1, etc.). It will also turn blue.
  • Click the Receive Data button.

[Image: QN2wAcS.jpg]

Your stored data should start importing:

[Image: lxPaxRX.jpg]

Agreed that it's far from user friendly. Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm unable to expand the box (image #4) to see those options.

Every time I pop it open, it appears just as you see it in my image 4. No matter where I place the mouse, I cannot expand that box. No matter where I hover or where I click, I cannot expand it.

Any ideas how to expand it to show those options?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you perhaps using some Accessibility option in Windows that enlarges text to make it more readable? The window frame size seems fixed (cannot drag the edges to expand or resize it), so perhaps could you temporarily reduce the size of text in Windows?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to shrink my display quite a bit in order to see all that was in that box.

I got as far as the second last step that you provided images for.

However, once I click receive data, a small box appears that says data is stored, or something like that. Then there's a button that says something like receive data. When I click it, the little box disappears and I'm back to ground zero. There is no import bar, nothing. When I try to start over (connect the device), the initial box says no device found. I have repeated these steps over and over and am never able to bring out that data import bar.

So in summary, in your sequential images, I'm able to get to the second last one where I check the '1" box. I then hit "receive data."  But instead of getting that green import bar, I get a small box telling me there is stored data. I hit the okay or whatever button and the box disappears. I don't know exactly what the box says because with each repeated attempt after, the device "is not found." In order to start over I must restart my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also facing sync issues with CMS50D+ on Mac Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 152 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 209 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 211 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.