Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Import data to Rescan
Can't Import data to Rescan
I had an older version of Rescan that worked fine with my Resmed S9. But recently I got an AirSense 10 and can't seem to import the data. I downloaded the new Rescan v. 5.4.1.9121 but still can't seem to inport the data. I tried it on the regular flash card that came with the unit but couldn't get it to work so I copied the files and directories:
STR.edf
Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
Journal.dat
SETTINGS
DATALOG

to a USB drive and tried to direct the Rescan to import the files from the USB drive directory but it would keep saying that the import was successful but the log would show no files were copied and Rescan could never read any data or generate a report.

So if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong Id appreciate it.

I can import the data to SleepyHead so I know the data itself is intact.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't Import data to Rescan
ResScan copies the data into its own directory. You can try deleting the previous day's data and download again.

If you are using Windows 7, you will find the data here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\<your patient name in resscan>
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2015, 07:22 AM)AlanE Wrote: ResScan copies the data into its own directory. You can try deleting the previous day's data and download again.

If you are using Windows 7, you will find the data here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\<your patient name in resscan>

I have tried to download but the message is always that the download is successful but the log file shows nothing was down loaded and the directory you directed me to is always empty

Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly which model Airsense 10 do you have? Is it the Airsense 10 Autoset, Elite, or CPAP?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps your patient ID needs to be updated or maybe create a new patient ID for the new machine. It may be polling the old ID and of course finding no new data there. Since the import renders a successful message, the data can be found by searching the drive for any folder named "patients". Find that folder and look inside to verify it's copying the new data.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
This problem is resolved. I had been able to use the USB drive with my S9 before but after I found my SD to USB adapter, and could actually use the files directly from the SD card, without copying them to the USB thumb drive, the Rescan software was able to read the data without a problem. So problem is solved, but thanks for the suggestions just he same.
Post Reply Post Reply
i put sd card in comp to look at data now my s9 wont recognize card
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 07:27 AM)garelect Wrote: i put sd card in comp to look at data now my s9 wont recognize card
welcome to the forum, garelect

If the message say something about invalid card, erase data, yes or no
if you press "yes", all data on the card will be erased, the S9 copy summary data back on the card,
but no detailed data, detailed data written directly on the card

if you press "no", message say "remove card", you'll not be able to start the S9 without clearing the message
(but you can remove the card and use the S9, detailed data will be lost and not recommended)

Its a common problem, best to lock the card before download the data and unlock before you put the card back in the S9
(if you forget to unlock the card, the S9 will remind to unlock it

There is no harm letting the S9 erase the data, if you've download the data already or if wanted to keep the data on the card, get a new card
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 02:12 PM)zonk Wrote: ... or if wanted to keep the data on the card, get a new card

Hi garelect,

I recently bought a package of two standard full-size 2GByte SD cards at Walmart for about $11.

Some S9 machines can use High Density (4GB and larger) SD cards, but some older S9 machines can't.

I think S9 machines never write more than 1GB on the SD card, so no reason to use anything larger than 1GB or 2GB.

By the way, your pressure of 18 is high enough that you could ask to be given a prescription for a bilevel Auto (S9 VPAP Auto or the equivalent). A bilevel Auto machine may be easier to breathe with.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,722 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.