Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do I have to do to get APAP with oxygen?
RE: What do I have to do to get APAP with oxygen?
(01-06-2023, 12:36 PM)Irishrow Wrote: Because it's "loose" on my finger, I don't actually sleep as well with it on.

The Wellue units have replaceable finger sensor and USB power/upload cable.  Mine was a bit tight, but loosened so it's comfortable.  When I plug the device into my Windows machine using the USB cable it recharges to full capacity by the time I'm done downloading the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2023, 12:55 PM)withtao Wrote: The Wellue units have replaceable finger sensor and USB power/upload cable.  Mine was a bit tight, but loosened so it's comfortable.  When I plug the device into my Windows machine using the USB cable it recharges to full capacity by the time I'm done downloading the data.

As I said, it's a handsome unit.  Not as nice as the ResMed AirSense/AirCurve Complete Oximetry Kit, which only costs $1050, but more than my humble-but-effective Contec unit, which handily burns through 2 AAA Harbor Freight batteries each night of use.   Too-funny

If I determine down the road that nightly oximetry is really necessary/desirable, I'll revisit with your recommendation in mind.  All the best and sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2023, 12:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: withtao  -  If you used the Resmed oximeter that plugs into your CPAP, then its data is integrated with the CPAP data that you import into OSCAR.

- Red

The only ResMed oximeter I saw was for the Air Sense 10.  I'm fine with integrating the Checkme O2 into OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2022, 12:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since higher pressure does not effectively change the dynamics here, I suggest using a lower pressure once supplemental oxygen is available. That will cause fewer leaks and less dilution of the supplemental O2 keeping the fraction of inspired oxygen higher.

I'm going to be getting supplemental oxygen in the next week or so.  My APAP on Air Sense 11 is 8-5 with EPR of 3.  Will I have to mess with those settings once the O2 is spliced into my AS11?
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding supplemental oxygen to the circuit does not require changes to your settings. Use the minimum pressure required to avoid obstructive apnea. You will mostly want to minimize leaks to avoid dilution of oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I've minimized my leaks by changing how I lay on the pillow with my P10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 365 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 564 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.