Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't remove cushion from Airfit F20 Lge SYS Quiet-EU4 mask.
Can't remove cushion from Airfit F20 Lge SYS Quiet-EU4 mask.
I have a Resmed AirSense S10 Autoset that I have been using with an Airfit F20  (of the standard, non-quiet type).  I have been blissfully happy with this combination and have been a user of several generations of Resmed devices and masks for years.

The mask is over 18 months old which is about six months longer than my masks usually last.  I don't wash the head gear every day but I pop the cushion off and wash and dry it every day.  It pops off and back on again quite easily.

I could probably use the old mask for a bit longer but the headgear adjustments are just about at the end of their range due to headgear stretching and I'm seeing a trend towards greater air leeks in MyAir so I've bought a new mask.  

I now have an F20 LGE SYS QUIET-EU4 which looks identical to me.  I've fitted and adjusted the mask but dropped it on the carpet and want to remove the cushion to wash off the fluff.  Unfortunately, I cannot remove it.  I have applied force to the point just below where I would expect to break the mask and there is no sign of movement.

Is the QUIET version of the mask designed so that the cushion can't be removed?  Perhaps there is a different method to remove the cushion? I need to get to the bottom of this today if possible so I can clean the cushion tomorrow.  I've managed to removed the fluff with a damp tissue.

Many thanks in advance for you help and advice.

Kind regards,

Mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't remove cushion from Airfit F20 Lge SYS Quiet-EU4 mask.
Reptile;
     Your new mask should disassemble just like the old mask .. I use a F20 also
and the first time I removed the cushion was a real battle .. Try holding the frame
in one hand and wiggle the cushion up and down while pulling them apart .. 
Hope this helps ..   Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that the "quiet" refers to the "quiet air" elbow which has a cover over the exhaust holes and packing under the cover.  The older elbow (many years older!) had no cover and no packing and you can feel quite a breeze from the exhaust holes.  I don't know for sure, but I don't think it was called the "quiet air".
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your advice.  It was so hard to remove that I was convinced the design had changed.  Having taken it off for the first time, it seems to go on and off quite easily now.  Perhaps its a similar issue to the bottle tops on soft drinks sometimes being screwed on too tight?

I believe that's correct.  I bought this variant to help my wife sleep better.

Thanks for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
snorin2;
     Yes, The quite elbow is what they're talking about..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,181 2 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.