Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you use a power strip with an xpap?
RE: Can you use a power strip with an xpap?
Before you buy a UPS for your CPAP machine, find out what size battery it has... well, try to find out... my two UPS's each have 8 Amp-Hour batteries, as I found out when I replaced one of them. When my power goes out, my computers run for 20 to 30 minutes before they shut down. That's not overnight.

Now consider that OMMOHY uses a 35 AH battery for her backup supply... I don't think you will find a UPS with a battery that big.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes I noted that but thanks for the reminder...I get more forgetful every day it seems regardless, so the reminder is always welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a surge protector power strip for my unit. Decent ones cost between $20-40. However, I still unplug everything when there are thunderstorms. During thunderstorm season, I always unplugged my more expensive equipment before going to work. Hassle, but it's a bigger hassle with the high deductibles to get it replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have basic surge protectors on both of our units. Mine gets unplugged when I get up in the morning as the cats have been known to turn it on. I have tried many things (short of putting it in a drawer that I don't have) but they still do it. So, unplugging it in the morning and plugging it back in at night works.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I should, too. Right now it's just plugged into a standard 3-way adapter, and I figured that if anything were damaged by a surge, it would just be the AC/DC Big Grinnie brick that would take the hit, not the machine itself. On the other hand, that's one big brick, and it says 80 Watts in big letters on it, so I'm sure it would be an expensive proprietary Respironics part to replace. Shock-2 Bug-eyed
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,405 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 979 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.