Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(Canada) Air transat saying a CPAP machine is counted as a carry on
(Canada) Air transat saying a CPAP machine is counted as a carry on
I have an upcoming trip from Canada to the EU with Air Transat. I've been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and will be carrying my APAP machine. I asked Air Transat on Facebook if they count it as a carry-on. They said yes and linked me to their website.
Then I shared Canadian government's link that says "The limit of two carry-on bags does not apply to medical supplies, equipment and mobility aids." But they're still saying it will be counted as a carry-on. Unfortunately, I can't share links here yet.

I have read many posts on the internet (including Air Transat) that airlines don't usually count these machines and they can be carried in addition to the standard carry-on limit. Does anyone have experience traveling with them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: (Canada) Air transat saying a CPAP machine is counted as a carry on
So after a lot of back and forth, they confirmed I could bring my CPAP machine in addition to the standard 1 carry-on and 1 personal item included with the fare.

Hopefully, others will find this thread useful if they're traveling with Air Transat.
Post Reply Post Reply
you're lucky because the cpap as free carryon is an american thing only, i know for a fact that European airlines are under no obligation to do any of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are incorrect because it also applies in Canada.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing a good CPAP machine: What criteria should you look for? chacha897d 15 322 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  BeC CPAP Machine - Self Prescribed sleepyboii 4 136 07-10-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  What is average hours per year on CPAP machine? sleepingbetterinFl 1 107 07-10-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Narcil
Gross [Equipment] Help! CPAP Machine Turning Off During the Night GoblinDiplomacy 9 302 06-28-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Pressure] New cpap user and guessing at machine settings Tsunami 14 507 06-26-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 294 271,820 06-22-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  ADD DR. TO CPAP MACHINE; CAN IT BE DONE AT HOME? RainyDog 4 353 06-20-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: astrashe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.