Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot download sleep data from Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP
Angry 
Cannot download sleep data from Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP
Hello

I hope someone can help me on this. Despite following directions on installing OSCAR, no data is being downloaded from the USB of my Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP onto my Windows 10 laptop. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Help please! Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot download sleep data from Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP
When you try to import data from the USB stick, you need to specify the root directory of the USB stick and not navigate to a directory within it. For example, on Windows, you need to specify just the drive letter, e.g., D:\, that Windows assigned to the USB and not a directory within d:\

Are you using OSCAR 1.4.0 or an earlier version? If not using 1.4.0, please update OSCAR and see if that helps.

Otherwise, start OSCAR and select menu item Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the zip file created to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from. I will look at the logs and see if there is an explanation there of why it isn't working.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dannyknight7!  -  Welcome

It may help if you provide the operating system and OSCAR version you are using.  Regardless of your O/S, let's try some simple things to see if we can locate your problem.  
123● Was the USB drive connected to your CPAP while you used it?
123● When you insert the USB drive in your PC, is it recognized?
123● Can you view the data on the USB drive?  If so, can you take a screenshot of this listing?
123● If you are able to connect to the USB drive, can you copy or write a file to it?  
1234(Note: a small text file is all that is required for this step.)

Here's to hoping it is something simple.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

Many thanks for your help.

I made a zip file of the diagnostic data of OSCAR as you suggested, but this platform for some reason does not permit me to attach it here for you. Any other suggestion on how to send?

I am using OSCAR 1.4.0;

The device is Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle Auto Cpap;

Instead of just using C:\ drive letter I have been using: C:\Program Files\OSCAR - is this wrong? In any case, I just now tried with only C:\ and OSCAR still does not receive and display my data. Does the data normally appear instantaneously, or take some time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

Many thanks.

OSCAR version is 1.4.0;

USB was connected to the Fisher & Paykel Sleepstyle Auto Cpap overnight;

When I go into 'My PC' the F&P USB is not recognised.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2022, 05:14 AM)dannyknight7 Wrote: I made a zip file of the diagnostic data of OSCAR as you suggested, but this platform for some reason does not permit me to attach it here for you. Any other suggestion on how to send?

You're not supposed to upload it to the forum, but rather Guy's Dropbox folder. See the link in his post, quoted here:

(07-15-2022, 07:10 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Otherwise, start OSCAR and select menu item Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the zip file created to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from. I will look at the logs and see if there is an explanation there of why it isn't working.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2022, 05:26 AM)dannyknight7 Wrote: When I go into 'My PC' the F&P USB is not recognised.

Try removing the F&P USB from your computer.  Reboot your computer.  Then insert the F&P USB back into your computer and see if it is recognized.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a second USB slot on your computer, try using that one. If Windows doesn't recognize the USB card, OSCAR certainly won't see it either.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at the diagnostic logs you uploaded. They confirm that OSCAR isn't finding the USB drive, and that is because Windows isn't seeing the drive. If you can get Windows to see the drive, OSCAR will probably work fine.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 88 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 241 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 323 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,681 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 546 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Automating process of getting CPAP data mgdapnea 6 823 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.