Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum
Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum
Hi everyone - today my ASV started humming, almost like a vacuum cleaner. I changed the tubing and water chamber and noticed it was still happening with new supplies. Upon further examination it seems my water chamber is not locking into the machine and when I start the ASV, it pushes it ever so slightly to the right resulting in a loud almost vacuum like sound. I can see where it would go flush there are 2 holes in the machine to match up the the humidifier, but I have tried 3 chambers now and all are doing the same thing.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. 

kc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum
See if you can gently manoeuvre the gaskets that the water chamber sits into and make sure they have not been pressed too far into the opening. 

You can also take the machine apart if needed to reseat them. Plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum
(02-07-2024, 06:02 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: See if you can gently manoeuvre the gaskets that the water chamber sits into and make sure they have not been pressed too far into the opening. 

You can also take the machine apart if needed to reseat them. Plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do that.

Thank you! that made it stop when the unit is connected, now if I take the nozzle from the tube off my facemask instead of just pushing air it pushes air and the vacuuming sound but its better than it was before
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 3 260 04-24-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,706 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,121 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 204 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 935 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 789 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 171 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.