Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cause of afib?
Cause of afib?
Very interesting study ? Cleveland Clinic report.

https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/20...=qd+tweets
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cause of afib?
It appears A-fib should be a concern for more than a few people here. Interesting article (little deep for my shallow mind- but I got the point  Thinking-about  )
Post Reply Post Reply
If you struggle it has to be hard on the heart and cause it problems, lack of oxygen alone has got to be a concern as far as the heart goes.
The brain and heart need a good flow of oxygen and anything that interrupts it has got to be causing a problem over a short period of time.
I am not a doctor, but I don't think you need to be a genius to think about the heart needing a good supply of oxygen.
I only speed read it, so if I took off in the wrong direction, ignore me.   Unsure
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
what I didn't see was any indication whether or not the SDB subjects were using xPap treatment on a regular basis, or if they were completely untreated.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I find all these studies never give you all the facts, they tend to point towards the results they want them to show.
Without all the facts it is just a report.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Google it,you'll the answer to your question.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had (4) A-fib episodes requiring going to E.R. since starting cpap 2 yrs ago. Every one happens a few hours after laying down to sleep. Each time I checked sleepyhead hoping I could find a correlation. Each time there wasn't an event anywhere close to an A-fib episode. Usually mine come from lack of sleep for several days from something like a sinus cold, extra stress, or just problems sleeping. I have had about 2 a year for the last 8 years. They have given me Cardizem each time (sometimes 3 doses) and heart goes back to normal. It costs me $2600 each time. My cardiologist finally gave me a RX for the same medicine (after 8 years), so I can try and treat it myself.

Being self employed and having high deductible crappy insurance is one cause for the added stress, plus last 2 times they had me set up and ready for Cardio-version (They stop heart, and shock it back with defibrillator) right before my heart went back to normal rhythm. Anytime I feel really tired I start to worry when I go to bed that I will have an episode, which adds more stress. I Have a felling now that I have a pill to possibly fix it, I probably won't have another episode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [Health] AFIB, APNEA, GERD, IPF bjnor 5 502 04-14-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: bjnor
  Sleep apnea and afib Respir8 22 2,871 05-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Last Post: kappa
  afib and sleep apnea poppypete 192 25,282 12-31-2018, 01:52 AM
Last Post: poppypete
  afib [can you tell from SH?] jerry1967 3 1,134 03-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Seeing more UA and CA - due to being sick or AFIB med? MyronH 93 9,365 03-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Last Post: MyronH
  My ongoing issues - Night sweats and AFIB - SleepyHead chart attached MyronH 17 3,177 10-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.