Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync
Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync
Hi AB Members. Old Apnea 'sufferer', new to the Board. Please be gentle.

There is a Forum Post where the recommendation is made to sync your Wellue O2 ring with your PC. In the latest version of the PC software there is just a button marked "Sync time..." No details are shown and there don't appear to be any options to choose.

Well my O2 ring was pretty close to the correct LOCAL time here, showing me wearing the ring from about 9-10PM until 5-6AM the next morning. Thinking it could hurt to keep the time in sync with the PC, I clicked the button.

BIG MISTAKE.

My O2 ring now thinks that I'm going to bed at 0700 in the morning and waking at 1500 the same day.

I haven't yet worked out how to put things back to the previous settings, but have reached out to Wellue to help fix this issue and also correct any anomalous data.

So CAVEAT USER.  If it ain't broke, or you're not sure; Leave it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync
Is the time offset match your timezone difference or UTC?  While waiting on Wellue, you can change the date/time of the O2Ring's binary filename to the CPAP's starting date and time, then import it into OSCAR. This will allow the data to sync with your CPAP's data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
After several weeks of use, for some reason my Wellue O2Ring had the wrong time stamp for last night.  This morning I changed the time stamp in the dat filename to the correct time as recommended in the preceding post, but the Wellue oximetry data still displayed in OSCAR at the erroneous time.  Is there any other way to adjust the time stamp of the dat file?
Thanks!
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi j12251225! - Welcome
The ".dat" extension is a new monkey wrench the Wellue/Viatom people threw at us. It is now addressed in the code and will be in the next OSCAR release. Until then, purge the oximetry data from OSCAR, rename the binary file without any extension, and reimport into OSCAR. This will allow it to recognize the modified filename.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2024, 12:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi j12251225!  -  Welcome
The ".dat" extension is a new monkey wrench the Wellue/Viatom people threw at us.  It is now addressed in the code and will be in the next OSCAR release.  Until then, purge the oximetry data from OSCAR, rename the binary file without any extension, and reimport into OSCAR.  This will allow it to recognize the modified filename.

- Red

Red,
Thanks for the superfast response.  Your suggested workaround did the trick!
Best regards,
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, I thought all these issues were just me.

I hadn't used my ring in close to a year but when I did first start using it the instructions here were to change the last few digits of the file to the starting time shown by OSCAR.  This always worked great.

On the 29th of February of this year I needed to start using the ring again.  I had many technical issues that I did not have before.  Eventually it appeared I got it worked out. Like I used to do, I transferred the binary file to my desk top and changed the ending of the file name to the corresponding start time to what OSCAR showed.  The import was successful and the O2 information seems to be correct.

However, something still seemed out of wack with the ViHeallth app itself.  So I checked the Apple app store and an updated version of the app was made available 1 week ago so I downloaded it to my phone.  I then proceeded to place the binary file for last night on my desk top.  For some reason when I looked at the start time in OSCAR for last night it didn't seem right, nor did it match the start time shown in the ViHealth app.  But I thought I must be looking at everything wrong or I was just confused so as usual I changed the start time to what OSCAR showed....NOTHING IMPORTED INTO OSCAR.  I tried three times.

I kept going back and forth between looking at previous days OSCAR charts/data and todays.  All of a sudden the start time for todays OSCAR chart changed to the time I thought it should be AND it finally matched the time shown in my ViHealth app.  Also, when I transferred the binary fle to my desk top the numbers at the end match the OSCAR time stamp, I didn't have to change anything and the data imported right into OSCAR.

Now, I don't know if issues with the ViHealth app still exist or not but something still does not seem right with it or there is a new way to read or interpret the data shown by them or I just don't remember if it was the same way the previous times I used my ring.  For example, The HISTORY portion of the app says I had 14 drops, but when you go to the more details page it shows 14 drops greater than 4% BUT THEN shows 20 drops greater than 3%.  OSCAR shows O2 drop count is 62 events.

Also, the ViHealth app shows oxygen level distribution information that is confusing me.  The range info and % total do not make sense to me.  For instance, the less than 90% range category shows a 0% total, yet the portion of the app that tells you your oxygen level range shows a low of 87%.

AM I GOING LOONY FROM LACK OF SLEEP?

PS. I originally came to this section of the forum for someone to remind me about what the info in the little yellow pop-out bubbles represent?  I think it is the number of seconds you are in an event?  I have some pretty high numbers, like in the 600s and more.

Good to be back with everyone and thanks.

Uh, Oh. I apologize if I hijacked this thread. Please move my post if necessary.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not had any inconsistencies with ViHealth for over a year. Way back I did report bugs regarding percent time ranges that were clearly off, and they fixed them.

The overview shows the 4% drops; that is what medicare looks for. The 3% drop number is a finer level of detail, and it includes the 4%, so it's always the same or larger; that is consistent with what you report. I don't know how Oscar counts them but mine is different too.

The range info has rounding. So if your monitor read 87% once but it's very very brief, it won't show an amount of time <90 .

I don't know the yellow popup you refer to.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just am so confused.  This morning I DID need to change the file name to the time stamp on the binary file.  So confusing.

As for the yellow bubble:  if you hover your cursor over the events in the event flag a little yellow bubble appears giving you the type of event and and a number in parentheses.  When I used OSCAR before, it has been a while so I just want to be sure, I thought I read somewhere that the number in the parentheses is the duration of the event.  I was just trying to confirm,

Thank you for replying.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb - Could you please be more specific as to what you find confusing about changing the name of a file? That will make it easier to assist you.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Crimson Nape.

As I said earlier , I changed the last digits of the binary file after starting up again to use my ring after a very long time of not using it.  It would not import into Oscar.  Then I tried it without changing it and it worked.  But now today,  when I tried to again import I DID have to change the file name.

Also, the time stamp in OSCAR was wrong at one point and when I went out and back in the OSCAR time stamp changed to a correct time period.

I will see what happens tomorrow.  Thanks.

Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 644 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 191 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.