Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Mixed Apnea - Diagnosis/Treatment with 36% Ejection Fraction
RE: Central Mixed Apnea - Diagnosis/Treatment with 36% Ejection Fraction
First of all, my sympathies for a life-changing event and prayers that his miraculous recovery continues. Your husband's central apnea is relatively mild from what is apparent on the posted charts. I really want to see the daily details chart Jay51 recommended because it includes respiratory statistics that are very helpful to understanding the effectiveness of respiration, beyond AHI. There is a lot to understand when sleep disordered breathing involves possible heart failure and central apnea. I assume you must know that a 36% left ventricular ejection fraction may limit the availability of adaptive servo ventilation in the treatment of patients with LVEF% less than 45% based on the SERVE-HF study. It appears the SERVE-HF was poorly designed and may not ultimately prevail to determine appropriate therapy, and I prepared a Wiki here to discuss some updates to that issue https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...nd_Summary . Unfortunately, I have not seen progress in publishing conclusion of the ADVENT-HF study which seems to suggest that therapeutic effects of ASV may overcome any potential risks associated with its use. This is an evolving part of the science of sleep disordered breathing, and I hope you will research the studies trying to bring more clarity to the issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 147 Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 678 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,483 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  hi there, another mixed apnea here cexer 8 435 03-11-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: cexer
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 233 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 454 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.