Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central question
Central question
This is all very new to me so pardon my ignorance. When I look back on the past 5 or so years, I've had a few situations where I would wake up in the middle of the night with a POUNDING heartbeat. I would check my blood pressure and it was very very high. In fact a few times I would go to the ER. They of course couldn't find anything. Was this my central apnea? If this happens again what do I do? Will I wake up? I have a regular CPAP machine right now and use it every night but I know my soon-to-be new Dr will give me a machine to help me with this. I'm afraid. I don't even want to go to sleep right now. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central question
It's possible there are some of both Obstructive and Central Apnea which is what I have. Insomnia is pretty common with Apnea as it's triggering a fight or flight response. Do whatever is more comfortable, using PAP or not, and if you must then sleep in the recliner. Do take notes on symptoms and tell doc about all of it, fatigue, blood pressure, insomnia, ER visits, and so on. Let us know about any progress or problems on getting the new machine, and I'd consider requesting a ResMed next time. Ask us about any questions that come up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. My husband just got a Dream Station that is really nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes "nice" isn't the best choice! I had a Phillips Respironics 560 Auto for 5 years and and for the last 2 years couldn't get it dialed in for optimum results. The switch to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her made a significant difference. There is a lot of info here on this great forum on why the Resmed is better for most people--I'll let the more technical people explain the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 603 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,527 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 865 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,630 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.