Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central while on ASV
RE: Central while on ASV
Boodmaster:  Any update on your status?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central while on ASV
(04-16-2018, 03:07 PM)Hojo Wrote: Boodmaster:  Any update on your status?

Here’s an update 6 years later!

Still dealing with it, it seems like it’s some sort of food-related intolerance (nightshades = peppers and potatoes and tomatoes) that causes me to have low blood pressure when digesting, even hours later, getting cold, dizzy. It’s a whole thing possibly related to dysautonomia, which I guess makes sense since CSA is part of that. I go through these phases of kinda passing out and snapping awake, but I’ll do it like dozens and dozens of times. It’s *horrifying* and my wife is always trying to help me. 

Even if I’m wearing my mask and have full-on pressure, I will still snap awake before the ASV can catch me. It seems like my blood pressure drops pretty hard and I sorta pass out, then heart-race myself awake like an apnea. I’m still dealing with it, even now (literally right now, sitting up haha). But I screwed up and ate something I shouldn’t have at dinner time. So I’m paying for it now. Gotta wait it out. 

I was going through my old posts and saw there were replies that I never got back to. I have adhd so I tend to forget if it’s not right in front of me. If you are interested, my most recent post from February is essentially me dealing with this same issue. I appreciate you all the same!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 549 5 minutes ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,607 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 296 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.