Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data
Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data
Last night, I tried to get my windows 11 to disconnect from OneDrive.  I haven't owned this laptop long and have always tried to stay out of the cloud.  I am wanting nothing in the cloud.  It seemed to work properly to "unlink" OneDrive.  Now, this morning, when inputting the SD card, the Oscar program looked a little different right when it opened.  This mornings graph show fine.  BUT previous days graphs do not show at all.  "There is no data to graph.  Graphs switched off."  And all my notes have disappeared.  I turned back on the OneDrive -- and I have no restore points to go to.  I created my first one this morning (thanks Windows, sarcasm).  Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There is no data to graph. Graphs switched off.
You redirected Oscar on where to look for the data directory. It was previously in a folder in OneDrive, and now it is looking in your computer. Go to the Help screen and on the right side, click on Data Folder. that will show where you currently are reading Data. You can import your old data from One Drive to that location and It should be available. If you already copied your data to that location, you can try using the Data menu and rebuild CPAP data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There is no data to graph. Graphs switched off.
I open Oscar, click on Help, click on About Oscar, the pop up window shows "Show data folder" and it does appear to be to be reading from the computer. I tried to copy from OneCloud and transfer the information. Everything I'm doing seems to be going wrong. I've worked on this all day. A number of my files now have red circles with an X in the middle. If I go on Oscar and click on "Rebuild CPAP Data", a window opens asking me if I'm sure I want to rebuild all CPAP data for my machine. It also says "Please note, that this could result in a loss of data if Oscars backups have been disabled". It asks Yes, or No. And I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure my OneDrive is still active -- and it says it's full (5GB). Ridiculous system. In fact, it says I have a lot of errors. Any ideas.?
Edit -- and when I open Oscar, the daily view opens on April 27, 2023.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data
I have changed the title of your thread to reflect what I believe happened. I hope this will attract some help from the Oscar experts that can help you get your data back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll bite. Due to various O/S security differences, I need to know your O/S type and the path you are using for the OSCAR Data directory's location.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, "O/S type"? I'm using Firefox, Windows 11 Home.
Device name LAPTOP-4NVNJ610
Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.78 GB usable)
Device ID 7C033BDB-7D0D-4095-B0F5-70607E1E6307
Product ID 00356-02795-80471-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

The path I am using is -- opening Oscar, clicking on help, clicking on About Oscar, clicking on Show Data Folder -- the path shows as "Richard D > Documents > OSCAR_Data " Inside are 7 entries including Logs and Profiles.

Last night, I went to OneDrive.Live.com and opened up the OneDrive and downloaded the Oscar Data file -- I put that download at -- "This PC > Acer© > Users > rdd77 > Documents". It shows what appears to be the same Oscar Data file. In looking at my Windows 7 desktop Oscar program, it shows, in the same folder, "Oscar Data" and "Oscar". I am not seeing that "Oscar" in either location in my Windows 11 laptop. I use the Windows 7 as a backup twice monthly, no notes on it. Also, last night, I clicked on Rebuild CPAP data, and clicked yes -- it appeared to work properly, but I don't know what it actually did.

As of now, I am seeing Summary Data only on Oscar, no graphs, other than today and yesterdays install. And all my notes are missing. At least, the calendar opened on the proper date. Also, those red circles with the X are all missing.

Maybe I should just delete Oscar from Windows 11, and then reload and start fresh. I'll lose the notes, maybe the graphs, but right now it looks like I've already lost them. I can live with that.
And for some bizarre reason, April 27, 2023 shows graphs and notes. But the day before only shows graphs, no notes. The day after is Summary data only.
Also, on the opening page, Profile, it shows my normal program that opens, but now it has listed above that program, the word "Journal 00004dfb" It was not there before all this started.

Thank you Sleeprider, and Crimson Nape
Post Reply Post Reply
Was the data that is/was in the OneDrive able to display graphs? The OSCAR program is located in your Program Files directory. When you delete OSCAR, it does not affect your OSCAR Data directory. If the only thing OSCAR is not displaying are the graphs, deleting the app and reinstalling isn't going to do anything.

Have you tried copying all the contents of your OneDrive OSCAR data to your Richard D > Documents > OSCAR_Data directory? Do not have OSCAR running when you do this.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried downloading the files from OneDrive through OneDrive.Live.Com. I mentioned this in the 3rd paragraph in my previous comment. Maybe we're talking two different things. But, also maybe, I had Oscar open at the time == so, I deleted my Oscar Data files and tried to download them again from the same located at OneDrive. The process took awhile, since the file is 5.08GB -- and when it got near the end, a pop up showed saying the download failed (Maybe because I was a little over my 5GB maximum allowed). I really hate Microsoft for this nonsense.

Yes, there was an Oscar file in the Programs file, with lots of entries in it. It is gone now since I deleted Oscar. I cannot delete OneDrive since it's not listed in the Uninstall section. Should I go back into OneDrive.Live.Com and delete everything, if I can, and then what. I'm really frustrated at wasting so much time for this. When I click on File Explorer, it shows the files as "Stored Locally".
Post Reply Post Reply
Deleting the OSCAR app when you are having problems with the data is like changing the tires on your car because it is out of gas. Concentrate on getting your data downloaded. If there are multiple profiles, try downloading one at a time. Basically, break the downloads into chunks of data.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape -- the old stuff has been deleted, Oscar reloaded, SD card reloaded, graphs are up, everything is looking good -- except my notes are gone. I'll live. I don't think anything will go to OneDrive -- it is now empty except for Private Vault, which I won't use.. I'll have to keep my eyes open on it. This was just being more problem than it was worth. The notes just aren't THAT important. Again, though, thank you for the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Month's Worth of Data Not Importing to OSCAR jstro84 0 23 10 hours ago
Last Post: jstro84
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 3 141 Yesterday, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 6 91 04-24-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: gardencat
  Encore Basic Data Import juan8474 0 43 04-24-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: juan8474
  Data not being written to SD card PappaJoe 2 61 04-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Data went to wrong profile Poolboy 4 93 04-20-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 67 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.