Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart Analyzing
Chart Analyzing
I have to say I love this place!  I'm really looking forward to getting my issues resolved and being able to help others!

I know I have mask issues and I have ordered two different ones to try (Resmed F20 I had already ordered and after reading a lot of posts here I also ordered the Amara View Full Face).

Other than mask leaks is there any useful information here?  Is my pressure correct?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart Analyzing
Until the leaks are controlled the chart is meaningless. These leaks are among the worst I have seen and the CPAP has no control or reliable sensor connection to your airway. The mask is clearly wrong for you and you might as well be wearing it upside down. Not intending to insult you, but it’s worthless as an interface, and the data produced is as good as that mask seal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sifuhall, you are doing the right thing by trying more masks. I hope one of the two you’ve ordered will be “the one” for you.

Before using a new mask, try going on line to find videos about fitting that particular mask. Give anything new a fair trial, and for masks, be ready to try different adjustments. Sometimes looser is actually better than tighter.

If these two just don’t work for you, continue your quest. Finding the right mask can be a challenge, but it’s also essential to effective therapy and sound sleep.

Let us know how it goes, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto to what Sleeprider and Dormeo have already said. I went through 5 masks before I got the one that worked for me. That process took me about a year. In hindsight, I think it was just a matter of getting used to wearing a mask on my face, and most of those old masks are probably OK.

Keep at it and do your research about fitting the mask on your face and what size you need. It will be well worth it. Some DME's offer a return policy if the mask you ordered is not right for you.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sifuhall. I'm surprised you're getting such high leaks from a Simplus, which is widely regarded as one of the better full face masks. While you're waiting for your new masks, try adjusting the Simplus to see if you can minimise the leaks. Your machine should have a "Check mask fit" feature which will blow air at a constant pressure while you try various adjustments. Here is some text from the manual:

Check Mask Fit
The optional check mask fit feature can be enabled or disabled by your home care provider. This feature allows you to
check the fit of your mask prior to starting therapy. This is done by measuring the amount of leak. Put on your mask
assembly. Refer to your mask instructions if needed. Navigate to the Check Mask Fit screen under “My Setup” and
press the control dial to initiate the check.
The device will deliver a test pressure while the screen counts down 40 seconds. A green bar indicates good fit, while
a red bar indicates improvement is needed. After the test, normal therapy will start and the screen will either display
a green checkmark or a red “X”. The green checkmark indicates that the leak found allows for optimal performance
of the device. The red “X” indicates that the leak may affect device performance, however, the device will remain
functional and deliver therapy.

In addition to the mask, check that there are no leaks from the hose or any of the connections.

As SleepRider mentioned above, when the leaks are too high the machine can't properly diagnose or treat respiratory events, so the AHI result is pretty meaningless. It's always necessary to get the leaks under control, then make other adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to hand fit or test my masks first then use the straps to hold the mask in that position. And read the Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 98 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 552 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 507 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.