Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart during peaceful sleep - does it look normal?
Chart during peaceful sleep - does it look normal?
This forum is a wonderful resource. I just got my machine a few days ago. I thought before I start obsessing over "events" I thought I'd make sure that things look okay when I seem to be sleeping peacefully.

The machine is addressing my considerable number of obstructive apneas. I'm still struggling with disruptive sleep-onset centrals (which I know it can't help with) but I'll leave that for another post. Just mentioning that here for context, in case something here looks off that might be related to that.

The following is a 4-minute chart. It starts about 70 minutes after I fell asleep. The last event I had is about 50 minutes prior to this (which was an OA), so this is like my "steady state".

I am wondering what that little "ridge" is in the middle of the flow rate? Is that me taking some kind of pause when inhaling? Is that normal? (It's hard to see the scale but the rate varies from about +28 to -35)

Respiratory rate seems a little low at 11.6 and above. I timed my wife when she was asleep and she was taking 18 breaths per minute!

I won't pretend to know yet what tidal volume and minute respiration are (and I know I will use google!), but do the numbers look relatively normal?

Thank you for your expertise!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart during peaceful sleep - does it look normal?
The minute vent and tidal volume was very normal and 11.6 is good. 12-16 breaths per min. It is your wife that is breathing a bit faster.

The flow rate chart shows how quickly the air flows. 0 in the middle being no flow. Your's look perfectly good and nicely rounded on top. From the bottom coming back to the top, you see the pause, of your lung being empty and waiting till your next breath.

No one has a perfect chart and I'm sure you can pick out some shocking stuff during the night, this can be normal too.

No one will take notice of normal transition, sleep wake junk. It just happens. Have a look at the top of the page. To how to layout the chart properly, then you will get better opinions.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The small segment you provided looks normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks bonjour, and thanks ajack for going over the details - much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 414 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 96 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 503 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.