Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart help needed
Chart help needed
Hi all,

Last night my chart showed something unusual. AHI was lowish until around 04:49 am when it started to rise. At this time the pressure dropped. I thought the pressure would have increased. 

Any ideas why? 

Perhaps my machine is faulty? Resmed won't test / service the S9 any more.

Regards,

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart help needed
You are not displaying the Flow Limit chart. The Resmed increases pressure on flow limitations. Your events are CAs, and Resmed does not increase pressure on those. The AHI graph is a SleepyHead holdover and is of no therapeutic use.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2024, 07:13 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The AHI graph is a SleepyHead holdover and is of no therapeutic use.
- Red

Why?

Regards,

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Good question! Maybe I'm wrong. Please explain why the AHI graph is important and how you use it to adjust your therapy.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2024, 08:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Good question!  Maybe I'm wrong.  Please explain why the AHI graph is important and how you use it to adjust your therapy.
- Red

I am no expert, but surely an apnea is when you stop breathing, either a CA or OA. Then I make adjustments and watch for any change to the AHI. My understanding is that if the apneas are below 5, then treatment is good. Under 10 is OK, but below 5 is preferable.

I plan to read more on the Oscar Wiki and understand all charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Advice needed - anyone with Oscar experience! limoz 2 44 4 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirSense/Curve 10 jumper cable needed PappaJoe 3 160 07-21-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 8 411 07-16-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  pls take a quick look on this chart airwaystent 0 111 07-15-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Can someone advise on these results? It was posted on my chart. Joeyk74 6 255 07-14-2024, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  what is this ? flow rate chart opo218 2 258 06-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: TheBinarySon
  Leakage chart Jim Logan 2 226 06-04-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Jim Logan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.