Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin Strap for Full Face Mask?
Chin Strap for Full Face Mask?
Hi. I recently purchased a new full face mask Air Fit F20. I noticed that I start having air leaks in the chin area as soon as I am about to fall asleep. So I probably can benefit from a chin strap? According to Jason from TheLankyLefty27 Knightsbridge Chinstrap is the only good chinstrap because it only pushed vertically. Jason claims that all other chinstraps are bad because they also push the jaw backwards, obstructing the airflow even more. 

Is this true?

Also can someone recommend a good chinstrap that prevents leaks?

below you can see the video from TheLankyLefty27

Best Chinstrap for CPAP and Bilevel Use: Knightsbridge Chinstrap Review #cpap (youtube.com)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin Strap for Full Face Mask?
Many have found the Knightsbridge does the trick. I’ve tried quite a few including the Knightsbridge which worked well, but ended up using soft cervical collars instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
 I have the same type of problem when I use my F20 mask.  When I go to sleep my jaw pulls back due to the mask pulling on my chin and I get leaks in the same area.  I use a cheap, no hole, you form it mouth guard and it stops my chin from pulling back.   In my case the mouth guard stops about 99% of the leaks.  Might be worth a try.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be cautious with the Knightsbridge chinstrap right now.  The company website was reportedly hacked by an employee.  Myself and others have had issues with receiving deliveries of ordered products.  Some that were received were of questionable quality.  There is a post that explains all.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have problems keeping my F20 mask sealed.  I find chinstraps to not work for me due to the three I tried not being able to hold my mouth closed. I am having trouble attempting to adapt to wearing a collar.

I have reduced Large Leaks by tightening straps with an uncomfortable consequence.

I roll the bottom of the mask's silicone in to help make a seal and inflate it by pulling.  My mask size is M, but I use L to cover my open mouth breathing.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
A Cpap pillow helps me a lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 223 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 357 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 191 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 119 6,860 04-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 168 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 380 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 714 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.