Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chronic Crease Marks on Your Cheek? A $3 DIY Solution
RE: Chronic Crease Marks on Your Cheek? A $3 DIY Solution
I will definitely try this. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm Headin' off to the Dollar Store!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Here are a few more fashion shots of various nasal pillow masks all dressed up in the elegant green pads. Since the headgear contact is distributed over a wider area, after many days of use in a row, even though as a side sleeper the headgear is pressed between the pillow and the cheek, there are still no marks or creasing. Cheeks are finally as smooth as a baby's... cheeks. Rolleyes  

Not necessarily recommended for reading or watching TV, but when it's time to turn out the lights and slip into the arms of Morpheus, you're all bundled up, cozy, and ready to go. Dreaming

Further down are photos of a nasal mask in full regalia, accessorized with a Pad A Cheek mask liner and forehead pads, all gussied up and ready to accompany me to Sleepytown. Happy Eyes

[Image: TH5FjHtr.jpg]

[Image: OtkpEvr.jpg]

[Image: sK2OdOo.jpg]

[Image: 3Rv43Ee.jpg]

[Image: yll1wlF.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like it would tickle me to death.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
australian Chronic Crease Marks on Your Cheek clique
for those of us down under, i have been keeping my eye out in hardware stores for a suitable product.
the cheek creases off the dreamwear mask were starting to last for most of the day.

i spotted this duster in woolworths the other day, and for about $7.50, it's done the trick for me.
the fluffy bit is about 500mm long and slides completely off the stick, giving me 2 x sets of 125mm green 'sideburns'.
the picture is not quite what i bought, i cannot find the exact match, even with google.
the product is "Sabco Ultra Grab Microfibre Duster - with Unique Fluffy Microfibre"
even though the product code on my packaging is SAB41196, mine is fluffy microfibre, and not microfingers as in the picture.
once removed from the stick (it is held by a small bit of velcro), the duster can be cut as required, leaving a fully hollow tube of fluffiness and backing material, to slide onto your dreamwear tubes (or any other mask for that matter)
the microfibre doesn't seem to itch, and provides enough padding to eliminate the cheek marks.

[Image: SAB41196_MicrofingersFlexibleDuster_Packaging.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
My P10 mask doesn't leave creases on my face, but the texture of the fabric was very irritating to my skin. I didn't want anything bulky, so my solution was to make sleeves of a soft cotton knit that slide over the section of the headgear that crosses my face. I was gifted some scraps of cashmere knit that's even softer, but I haven't tried that out yet.

[Image: Yh91RIVl.jpg]
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Pet peeve...

makers of masks don't consider sleep quality. Otherwise they would have designed theses marks away a long time ago. Rant is over.

the good side...

I found my DME and sleep doc by asking anyone I saw with facial mask-marks at work who they went to, and whether they were happy.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 400 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,097 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 923 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.