Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chronic Insomnia
RE: Chronic Insomnia
back at post #70 I suggested raising min epap before max ipap because epap is what keeps the airway open against oa and you had more ca and leaks with higher ipap. no harm in adjusting your max to see if there's a better sweet spot though, just watch for leaks and ca. as I recall you also had a problem (or I thought you did) with flow limitations and raising min ps is usually suggested for that. I suppose you could experiment with incremental bumps to min ps too to see what effect it has on your oa.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thanks. I will leave max pressure at 15 and bump min up to 10 and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=30796][attachment=30797]I am posting screenshots of the last 2 nights. Thursday night I had a 1.54 AHI with 10 OA's and some of those were SWJ apneas and then a 6.99 AHI last night with 46 OA's with some 30-46 seconds long back to back and I felt it today because I had no energy at all. My setup was exactly the same on both nights including wearing the collar at the same tightness. I need ya'll to look at the pressures to see if something needs adjusting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't recall if you have problems with maximum pressure, but you can go ahead and increase it as that my avoid some events. I think there is a considerable portion of this that is positional, and the best bet is to continue worming with the collar. Higher lift or whatever can keep that obstruction at bay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 212 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 296 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 400 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 647 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 776 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Insomnia Slumberseeker 4 639 08-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Slumberseeker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.