Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
RE: Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
1 part white vinegar 2 parts water. Soak 30 minutes and that should be good for disinfecting for home use if your the only user.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're really after disinfecting because of a particular issue requiring it you would need to go to something like Control III.

But for almost everyone there's just no reason to.
Warm soapy Dawn water, hang it up until dry, it's fine.
If you really need to use a tube brush, use one.

The tube will end up splitting somewhere along the sensor wire long before the contacts on the ends go bad. They aren't made to last forever.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since our CPAP equipment is generally not shared, good hygiene is sufficient and disinfection is not needed. The tubing is not really a supportive enfionrment for microbes, and any that will be there, are common in your home.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something else to consider. Many have damaged their equipment through over zealous cleaning. While I clean my hose every few weeks, I don't go overboard in scrubbing it etc. Just let soapy water go through it. Lemon dishwashing detergent and warm water. That's it for any of my equipment. Disinfection is not needed if it is only your equipment, as Sleeprider already mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please can we have more feedback on the air sense 10 auto
(06-06-2015, 11:31 PM)cajones Wrote: hello everyone please anyone that can give me their opinion of the
Air sense 10 auto as I really need your honest opinion as. The sellers will never bag them their trying to sell them thank you.

I absolutely LOVE mine and can't believe I went five years using a standard cpap that gave no feedback (sub-brick).  I actually don't understand why my DOC game me a device that would give no feedback but maybe things have changed drastically over five years.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2017, 04:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since our CPAP equipment is generally not shared, good hygiene is sufficient and disinfection is not needed.  The tubing is not really a supportive enfionrment for microbes, and any that will be there, are common in your home.

Someone mentioned not being a microbiologist. I am. I spent 17 years as a medical microbiologist and 20 years in the sterile pharmaceutical industry specializing in microbial environmental control and troubleshooting contamination issues. I have been on CPAP for 10 years and agree 100% with Sleeprider. I seldom wash my humidifier or hose, and then only with mild detergent. I wash my mask every few weeks or if I see residue on it. I do wash the cushions daily, but to remove face oils, not microorganisms.

I will add that mild detergents may not be bactericidal but they are quite effective at removing microorganism and any residues that may support their growth from plastic surfaces. Virtually all disinfectants contain toxic chemicals that if not completely removed may do more harm than the low levels of environmental bacteria that may be present.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I learned a lot about cleaning. Thanks!
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
yep, I wash my stuff every other week usually - call it doing my cpap laundry. never had trouble with the climate tubing. I use the Ameria View mask - sure wish I could spell.. if I dont clean the mask a few times a week it stops sealing well. I have been thinking about trying those Cpap wipes for every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found a story about CPAP cleaning today. If you want to check it out here's the link.   https://www.verywell.com/can-cpap-make-me-sick-3015030
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding cleaning ANY heated hose: yes you can submerge the end that connects to the cpap machine, but before you connect it the lands (the little gold fingers that make te electrical connection) must be completely dry. DO NOT USE A HAIRDRYER. These lands are glued onto the plastic and by using heat you run the risk of loosening them.  If your hairdryer has a cool setting, that is OK. BUT: hairdryers have big openings and the air is not forced air. I use compressed air (the cans that are used for computers) to get rid of any excess water. IMPORTANT: make sure you keep the can upright. If you don't it blows out the freon in it and you can damage the lands.

It is best to clean the tube in the morning and let it drip dry till until evening. Then check the end that inserts into the cpap. Use air at this point, hours before use.

BTW -  DO NOT use your breath to blow out any moisture you might see. Keep in mind your breath contains moisture so you just replace the droplets you see with those you cannot.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 88 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 212 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,844 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 338 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 191 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 252 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,143 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.