Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow
RE: Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow
have you ever soaked the elbow in vinegar water before? its crazy resmed says just use soap and water but suppliers are telling people its ok to use vinegar and water i did it once i soaked all supplies in vinegar and water but im scared the vinegar deteriated that fiber material and i inhaled toxic chemicals or vinegar fumes my throat has been giving me issues
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the f20 on occasion and just use wipes to clean it.  Maybe that will avoid the black spots?
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone do what I do as far as the elbow is concerned?
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently noticed the "fluff" inside the elbow and was curious.  Today I bought a new one.  Still curious, I took apart the old one.  I had to break it since it was not meant to be disassembled.  I got out the white fluff.  It reminded me of the air filter material.  (While I suspect it is not vital to the operation of the system, I suspect that maybe it has something to do with quietly diffusing the exhaust air.)  I was disturbed by a small amount of black debris.  However, I'd been using the same elbow virtually every night for almost 4 years.  I had been washing in with dish detergent and hot water approximately weekly.  I suspect that the black dust is microscopic dust which cannot be filtered out by the modest air filter included in the machine.  It might also be produced by the machine itself (wear of fan motor bearings?)  When I first got the device, I was confused by different replacement frequencies from three different sources, but all originating from the manufacturer.  Some of the replacement frequencies seemed very short and I did not follow them.  I have now set a reminder for myself to change the elbow after one year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 185 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 13,017 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 250 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,921 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 210 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 413 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 418 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.