Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning question
Cleaning question
In the wiki page on cleaning, it suggests to submerge the hoses and mask in soapy water for 30 minutes.  Does anyone with a heated hose (with electrical connectors built in) do this?  I wonder if repeated weekly soakings could corrode or damage the connectors...

Thanks for sharing.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning question
I was reluctant to submerge the connectors on my heated hoses at first a well, until Sleeprider pointed out the hose manufacturers recommend doing so.  I've never had a problem with it. Just hang the hose up and let it dry before use.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with MitchS - there's no reason you can't fully submerge the hose. Just rinse well and hang up to dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have done this about 6 to 8 times to the same heated hose. No issues.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have stated, you can submerge the heated hose. I've been doing that now for about 17 months or so. No problems what-so-ever.
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier recommended soaking the hose and humidifier tank in 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water to clean and kill any bacteria. That's what I have been doing so far. I specifically asked about the electrical connection being submerged in water and she said it was perfectly fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all! I will soak away. I like the idea of vinegar vs soap, too. I'll try that next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to say, make sure it's completely dry before using it again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,799 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 185 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 761 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.