Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clicking noise from ResMed Airsense10Autoset
Clicking noise from ResMed Airsense10Autoset
Just a few times I have woke up to a clicking noise every time I breath in or out?
It sounds like a plastic paddle valve but I don't have a blow up picture of the machine and I doubt it has one.  A none return valve that is.
However, I don't know what it is either and it can be quite noise, then next time it is started there is no noise at all.
Any ideas?  I did think it might have been a pressure switch, but it sounds a bit noisy for that so I am at a bit of a loss to say what it is.
If I stop the machine and start it again the noise will have gone, very odd!

Anyone had this or know what it is?

EDIT:  I do not have EXP turned on and the machine is on auto.  Humidifier is being used.  Small hose and Nasal Pillows Swift FX.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clicking noise from ResMed Airsense10Autoset
Does the Swift FX mask have a flapper type check valve in it that might be making a noise? Usually they are silicone, and should be quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the Swift FX does not have a valve, the noise comes from the machine to the best of my knowledge.
Very strange, just like there was a none return valve, but I am not aware of one.
The wife has heard it as well and she described it as a plastic clicking noise every time I breathed in or out.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 did similar if I had not fully inserted the humidifier in the body of the machine, this allowed the humidifier lid to move arround with the pressure changes a quick push down on the lid and push towards the machine solved it for me, I am not saying this is the same issue for you but worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto the above. Any clicking sound I've ever heard came from the humidifier.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I checked this the first time it happened, but it was fully home and when I pushed it harder it didn't move.
I should have tried it when the machine was still running, but I didn't think about it.
The only time it was not fully home it made a gushing noise as the air got past the seals, this happened just after I got it, so after that I made sure it was rammed home.  That is why the noise has me wondering what it is.
I can't see there being a plastic valve in the machine, so is it a noisy switch?  I would have thought they would use transducers rather then pressure switches, but maybe to cut down costs they did use them, but why would it be so noisy as wake me up?

The humidifier has got me thinking though, if the seal didn't sit properly, would it allow the plastic case (lid) of the tank to rise and fall on its hinge?
But then why would it stop when the machine was turned off and then on again?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be two soft silicone seals on the two air connections at the back of the humidifier cavity. Did you check to see if they are located correctly. I looked in mine, and did not see any check valves in there. If the machine has them they must be buried deeper. I doubt it would be physical pressure switch that has moving parts. That is old technology.
Post Reply Post Reply
The silicone seals are looking fine and as you say there is no sign of a valve that can be seen anyway.
It is just a bit odd, the next time it does it I will leave the machine running and have a look, if shifting things around stops it, I will let you know.
Now I have said this it will not do it again.

Maybe I should do a Dave and fill the tank with strong coffee Coffee Tongue Licklips  What do you think Dave?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just now getting the same sound, and if I hold my hand on the humidifier tank, I can feel it move when it makes that 'click' sound. I guess it it physically moving up and down in the socket, so it is the sound of plastic rubbing against plastic. I noticed that the lid can move, when you press on it, it makes the same sound. Looks like the seal that keeps the lid tight wears out. Wonder if you can buy a new seal?

sounds like a bad design!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a new tub fairly cheaply, but mine was clicking when the top seal was not on the tub correctly, I removed it and then put it back on problem resolved
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,279 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.