Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine tubing
RE: ClimateLine tubing
I use a hose cover and climatelineOxy tubing. Tube temp to 72 and humidity at 7. I live at 9144ft and we generally leave the furnace set to 70 all year round at night.

The hose cover with the tube temp off might be enough for you to prevent rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both. I can't really differentiate heat or humidity performance using the heated tube with a cover, but it makes it quieter and more comfortable. Also, it prevents condensation in the mask tube and nasal pillow due to a complete coverage. I really don't want to snuggle the "snake" and a soft clean fleece cover (snuggle Skins) provides end to end coverage of the tube and I find that more comfortable and less disruptive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
HAHA, that is exactly what it feels like, I tend to run the snake down to mid chest so when I roll from one side to the other it stays with me.... well, it feels like a furry snake with the cover on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider, sounds like a solid way to go! Some of the Amazon reviewers complained about difficult installing it, is that really an issue? I saw passing mentioning of using a sammich bag to get it on, but couldn't visualize what the heck that person meant.

Robb, do you just have a 2nd tank on hand to "hot swap" to another tank? That would be a good way to do it for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I have a second tank filled with water sitting ready to go right beside the machine. I turn it off, swap the tank, take a bathroom break, then turn back on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky7, the fleece cover is easy to install. I just start feeding the tube in, mask-end-first, and after about 1-foot I can just hold the top of the fleece cover and feed the tube in by gravity. It is easier if you use a cellophane or other slippery plastic over the hose connector.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm betting a cover plus heated tube allows lowering the tube temp while still preventing rainout?

I hope so, really hate the 81F air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before heated tubes we used covers. The temperature of the tube does not heat the air, it keeps air in the tube from being in contact with a cold surface and condensing. The PAP air is slightly heated passing over the heated water chamber, and picks up humidity, but all of this is way below body temperature. It's completely elective whether or not to use heat to increase humidity. Passive humidification is not all that bad if it's what you prefer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't realize the heating on the hose did not warm the air. No wonder i was so cold last night. I have been putting the hose under the covers so i can change position easier and to avoid rain out since the mask itself is not heated. In the summer that was fine but now that its colder in the room i felt the cold even through my sleepwear from the mask hose and could not get warm until i wrapped the hose in a towel. I was going to turn up the hose temp tonight but i guess that won't help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may notice tube temperatures at higher levels, but there is a large volume of air flowing through a 6-foot tube. That's not a heat exchanger.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 264 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 680 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 416 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 872 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 448 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 696 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 569 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.