Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climateline tubing question
RE: Climateline tubing question
Dawei,

Thank you for sharing your experience with BP meds. I currently take a different ARB called Micardis. I am at the top dose of it, plus I take two other BP meds and still my BP is not where it should be. I have all but given up hope that I will ever find the right meds plus the right dose of those meds. I am not slim but I am trying to lose. I have a feeling I would have had sleep apnea even if I was slim. My Mother was a slim woman and snored like a trooper. She was never diagnosed but I wish she would have had a test to determine if she was. She is now deceased, so I will never know.

I see my GP at the end of this month and hopefully between the two of us, I can gain some information to work with from her.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too was supposed to get the Climateline hose with my equipment a month ago but as luck would have it, the DME had run out and not received them yet. So, I went home with the Slimline hose. He said that during the summer when the air was naturally warmer, rain-out wouldn't be an issue and that I could get the Climateline hose when it was time to order a replacement which would coincide with the arrival of cooler weather. I would be so curious what they billed Medicare for....

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be getting a statement from Medicare of whatever they pay out. I always check to make sure they bill for what I got.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2012, 06:56 PM)Suzjohnson Wrote: I too was supposed to get the Climateline hose with my equipment a month ago but as luck would have it, the DME had run out and not received them yet. So, I went home with the Slimline hose. He said that during the summer when the air was naturally warmer, rain-out wouldn't be an issue and that I could get the Climateline hose when it was time to order a replacement which would coincide with the arrival of cooler weather. I would be so curious what they billed Medicare for....

Suz

Suz - I can't speak for anyone else, but it is a good idea to browse the invoice that comes with the machine. Before the person from my DME left my home, I had to sign and date the invoice that he left with me. AFTER he left, I then caught the 'error' which gave me the slimline and not the Climateline hose. Of course their office was closed for the weekend so I waited until Monday morning to bring the discrepancy to their attention. After I told them about it, I asked for a "corrected invoice" which they happily sent me. The difference in price, at least with my DME, was about $35. I was not told I could get a Climateline when it was time to order a new hose. In fact I don't think I've had a new hose but once since I started on CPAP. Guess I'm clueless when it comes to what we can get with Medicare and what we cannot.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

Your tips for turning back the humidifier and nasal rinse worked good for me. The first night I did the nasal rinse and left the humidifier at the usual setting. My second night, did the nasal rinse in addition to turning the humidifier back just a little. I think the 'new' number is what is going to work for me. Of course the weather where I live has turned hot and humid too, so I'm definitely getting more humidity. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:In fact I don't think I've had a new hose but once since I started on CPAP. Guess I'm clueless when it comes to what we can get with Medicare and what we cannot.

Ask the DME for their Medicare schedule. They should give it to you with pleasure because then they get paid a ridiculous amount of money each time you are allowed to get something.

I get a new hose and mask every 3 months.

It is very very important to change out the hose, even if it looks fine. When running the humidifier, mold can grow in that hose and cause issues. The older hoses used to be a solid color and you could not see inside of them. I was ill (sneezing like mad, sore throat, eyes would swell shut, etc) with some sort of allergy or whatever for quite some time. I went on vacation with my bro and family to Disney. I thought I'd be allergy free while gone. Nope, just as bad. The only consistent thing we had not changed was the CPAP. The DME said the inside of the machine could not build up crap (I disagree) but they would send me everything else to change out. That fixed it. We finally figured out it was the hose. I'd been using the same one for years. Cleaned it out like I should be still stuff grew in there. I get rid of that thing every chance I can now because I was miserable and do NOT want to be like that ever again.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 624 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,077 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.