Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cluster CAs Just Started
Cluster CAs Just Started
I started CPAP therapy about 10 months ago and the results have been incredible.  I was dialed in at min 14.6 pressure with an EPR of 3 and a max pressure of 20 (but always hovered around 15 for my average pressure).  My AHIs were down to <1.  However, I am now 4 months pregnant and have begun sleeping on my side (always a back sleeper before).  This has started a new trend of clustered central apneas that cause me to wake up gasping for air and feeling like I'm choking.  I have posted last night's sleep results, which caused me to give up and get out of bed despite being exhausted.  Is there anything I can do to fix these events?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cluster CAs Just Started
I'd like to see a close up of those clusters, a 3-minute view.
My guess is that those are really positional Obstructive driven resulting from your sleeping position change. A bit unusual to show as central apnea.
If true a soft cervical collar to keep your chin from tucking to your chest. Read the wiki in my signature on the collars.

Please post the details, the close up so we can see the character of your breathing there first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a 3-minute view (I think! Let me know if this doesn't help).

I just realized I provided a 9-minute view.  HERE is the 3-minute view (I think).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is my wild out of nowhere idea, since the bulk of the CA are in fragmented sleep at the far right of the chart, as in several short sessions, and that probably sleep was disturbed anyway with changing sleep positions, maybe this falls into SWJ, sleep wake junk. SWJ is caused by irregular breath patterns from handoff between wake and sleep breath control.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave. After doing a bit of research on what SWJ is, I think you may be right! Is there anything that can be done to cut down on it? I’m finding my sleep has become very disturbed once this pattern starts, and with all of the weird breathing, I can’t seem to get *back* to sleep, even if I need a few more hours to be rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only a outside stab at guess but it that time around dawn and may get restless toss turning, may have to possibly try some sleep hygiene, routine, was times tossing turning, one time given advice, should be like the Army up at dawn and straight up out bed not fight trying get more sleep ? but then need try then go bed earlier sleep that night " obviously if is option unless prevented by shift work or whatever !  As is more quick simplicity bubble thought, won't offended if just ignore find other suitable solution. Also with name like footfit could get up and go for walk that will help tiered out for next full night sleep, Sleep Hygiene but often easier said than done.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 116 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 174 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,695 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 276 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 843 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 356 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,891 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.