Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Combining data from 2 SD cards with overlapping data.
Combining data from 2 SD cards with overlapping data.
Hi again. One last quick question if I may?

Is there a preferred method of creating a new profile combining overlapping data from 2 SD cards?

For part of this year I have used my AirSense 10 Autoset for her and part of the year I have used my Vauto. (Long story, shrugs!)

Each has their own SD card.

How best to import their data into a combined CB 2021 profile?

Will OSCAR automatically fill in the missing days?

Or would I import For Her first,
then Vauto data using the Do Not Import sessions older than function?
Then import more days from the For Her using the Do Not import sessions older than function again?
And so on?

Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Combining data from 2 SD cards with overlapping data.
Both cards can be imported into a single profile, but will be separate machines under that user profile. I have used data from both Philips and Resmed machines in the same profile. My suggestion is to simply copy the Oscar_Data folder to a safe location in case it doesn't go well, then start importing the data. I don't think you need to limit the import dates as long as session dates are not overlapping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR.

"I don't think you need to limit the import dates as long as session dates are not overlapping."

by session dates overlapping do you mean more than one machine on one night?

or this scenario.

week 1 : machine 1
week 2: machine 2
week 3: machine 1
week 4: machine 2 etc?

either way I will try this over the next week and let you know how it pans out.

thanks, Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar does not really support more than one machine per night betwee noon to noon. But both should coexist in one profile import the oldest card first then newest. Backup the oscar_data before you start
Post Reply Post Reply
OK now done, thanks for your help and replies.

Some feedback: Works well.

I tested this on my laptop, Windows 10.

1. Created new profile, 

2. Imported data from SD card from AutoSet For Her successfully.
Dates March 3, 2020 till now, except for some dates in Jan 2021 and Feb 2021 when I used Vauto.
All data correct.

Missing days are the ones I used Vauto, Jan 12 onwards.

3. Then imported data from SD card from the Vauto, first used Jan 12th 2021:  OSCAR correctly installed that data into the correct days.

All present and accounted for!

4. I then also imported data from my Backup directory from my loan machine (Jan and Feb 2020)

OSCAR correctly installed that data into the correct days. (There were just a few days with the message about 
Mode and Pressure settings missing: yesterday's shown: from Feb 26 to March 2 2020: data rebuild from the Backup data didn't fix that, but I am OK with that)

Too easy really!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 762 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.