Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Complience question
Complience question
I just picked up my new DreamStation Auto  yesterday.  Because my old sleep
study recommended just a cpap the perscription was writen for a cpap set at 14.
From just an insurance compliance point of view would they hnow or care if I reset
it to auto ?  I am not worried about the 4 hrs a night requirement as for the last
10 years i have never used my cpap less than 6 hrs a night.  

When the DME uses the built in modem to download data does this come directly
from the data card? The reason I am asking is I may buy one of those Airflash wifi
SD cards to transfer my data directly to my computer but if I do will my previous
 complacence data be lost? 

I just hope this Auto Cpap last 20,000 hrs like my old RemstarAuto did .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Complience question
I doubt the insurance company cares about what levels, only that you use it at or above the minimums.

If you copy any data over to the FlashAir and use that, you should be fine.
The machine may have a set time for uploading your data; the Resmed 10 APAP machines seem to do that after you're done in the morning.
Note that for some machines, the DME may be able to adjust the settings remotely. Setting the machine to airplane mode may restrict that, if you don't want them meddling.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When the DME looks at your data, they can see the hours of use, and they may also look at details like leaks to be sure you are getting effective therapy. While they can see the pressure if they look, it is not part of compliance. Once you find a setting that works for you, just discuss it with your doctor so he can modify your prescription.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance company only looks at the hours/days used. They don't care about the rest of the numbers. The only reason why there is ANY reporting to the insurance company is that the company wants to be sure that you are actually using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.