Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Constant sinus headache
Constant sinus headache
Hi!

I’m brand new and have been using a CPAP for four nights now. Since the first morning after usage, I have had a constant headache that wont’t go away. The top part of my nose feels sore, and my eyes have floaters. Anyone experienced this before?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Constant sinus headache
Getzall,

You didn't mention what type of headaches these are. Are they sinus or a dehydration or migraine headache?

If it is sinus, some of the things you can try is using a nasal spray such as flonase or even a basic saline spray. It may take several days to see any impact from using them.

What is your humidity setting? You may want to bump it up a little or use a heated hose. I live in AZ and don't use a heated hose as I do well without a high humidity setting.

Another thought, depending on the type of headache, is you headgear too tight? Sounds odd, but sometimes loosening it up a little will relieve some of the pressure.

Soreness on the top of the nose - you may want to look at the fit of your mask. I use a FFM and find if I have the top too tight, I get a pressure point on the top of the nose.

Floaters - did you see these before or is it a new occurrence and if new, how prevalent are they? I find that if I stare at a white background I will see floaters. If you are concerned, I would see and vision professional (either ophthalmologist or optometrist) and voice your concerns.

Hopefully some of the folks with more experience than myself may be able to chime in.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s the top of my nose that is super sore to to touch and the headache is behind my eyes. I will try loosing up a bit. It doesn’t feel too tight when it’s on, but the after effects are miserable. The headache hasn’t stopped since I started CPAP. It’s not congestion and is all behind my eyes.

I have humidity set at 82 and have a heated hose

Haven’t had issues with floaters and go to the eye doc pretty often. I had ICL vision correction surgery and asked the on call doc today if that had anything to do with it and he said it shouldn’t.

I’m hoping that loosening up the straps could help

Thanks for the tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME let me know they hear a lot of the nasal bridge complaints and he recommends switching to the N30 which I will be doing today. Will provide updates.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 528 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,226 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 144 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Very Low AHI Still Extremely Tired / Waking with Headache exchanged 1 458 01-23-2024, 08:56 AM
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 432 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 358 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.