Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contec CMS50F data file question
Contec CMS50F data file question
Hello,

I hope one of the skilled computer experts here could help me with a question.

I've been using a Contec CMS50F for about eight years, and i have been using the SpO2 Assistant program to offload the data files from the CMS50 and to view the files. I have been using Oscar for a month or so, and I have used the oximetery wizard to import the .spo2 files. (The SpO2 data is displayed perfectly in Oscar. Thank you, very much, to the Oscar developers!)

The problem is; it was difficult to import the .spo2 files, and i don't remember how I did it...

The SpO2 Assistant shows that it copies the imported files from the CMS50 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V3.0.5\Data\demo.SpO2", but I can not find the files there, not even 'hidden files'. When I imported the first set of .spo2 files into Oscar, I searched for a long time for the files, I found them somewhere, the Oximetery wizard couldn't copy them, so I copied them to a desktop file, and used the wizard to import them. Now i would like to import my most recent CMS50 data, but this time I can't find the location of the .spo2 files, and I don't remember how I found them last time.

So my Question is; does anyone know the location of the .spo2 files that SpO2 Assistant copies imports to? Or, can anyone suggest how I can find the files?

The file path above only leads to a file called 'demo.spo2', but no additional files.

Thank you,
Jim

Edit: I am using Windows 10 Home 64bit, 10.0 Build 19042, factory installed on a Lenovo laptop
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec CMS50F data file question
It has been awhile but I had the same problem about a year ago. As I remember when you Install the program it is put in the root dir. that won’t work. when I deleted the program and started over I put it on another sub dir ( I don’t thi k it matters which - just NOT the root) and it worked fine, and still does.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Try looking at: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson,

Thank you!

That's it. (I don't know how i found it the first time...)
Post Reply Post Reply
It's down to Win10 and it's weird security stuff. If you're happy to look there, then that's great, otherwise, if you just run the program as administrator, it will write the files where you expect them to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick,

thank you, that's it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are on Win10, you can set the shortcut for the SpO2 app (actually any app) to always run as administrator.
  1. Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties.
  2. Click on the Shortcut tab and select the Advanced button.
  3. Select the option, Run as administrator.
  4. Click on all OK buttons until fully exited.
  5. You have arrived at your destination! Smile
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 808 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 235 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.