Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
RE: CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
The hose mentioned is your windpipe.

If your pillow is too thick for back sleeping, it can add a kink to the windpipe. The kink can be present during side sleeping also. So be sure to act according to sleep position, the sides or back positioning, the 2 positions need different heights of pillow. Too thick for back sleeping or too thin for side sleeping can kink the windpipe.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't make any sense my pillow willow causes chintuck as I'm a backsleeper.

Is it possible that my head is angling downward with head tilted to left or right? My pillow isn't particularly thick.

So, those wedge pillows they condone for sleep apnea would cause worse problems? Wouldn't they cause chintuck?

Since I'm a backsleeper, I will try a thinner pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick question; While wearing your F30i, does it feel tighter when you tilt your head upward and feel looser when tilting your head down?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you.
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson nape

It's is tighter when I tilt my head upward, but woldn't say it loosens when I tilt my head down (compared to normal position).  Not to the point of reducing adherence and possibly breaking seal.

You think it's the way I'm wearing my mask strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson Nape

Should the tightness of my F30i mask shouldn't be much tighter when I move my head upward ompare to downward?  If it is, does it cause me to angle my head downward and chintuck due to the less resistance when angled down compared to up?

I ordered a collar, but afraid it will cause neck to get hot, so would prefer a good pillow. There's kinds of pillows out there that keeps the neck aligned called cervical support pillows.  What do you yall think about something like this (image attached)?

@Gideon not a problem. Thanks for your advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow - I have one that is close to your image, but has cutouts in each end to allow for mask clearance.   I usually refer to it as a dog-bone shape design.   Another one is a buckwheat pillow.    I bounce between these two pillows for variety.  .  . I guess.   Thinking-about

Mask tightness - I noticed that when I adjusted my headgear according to the instructions, it gets tighter when my head tilts back and becomes less tensioned as I tilt my head forward (chin tuck).    This condition is more predominant on FFM headgear.  I surmised that when we are asleep the tension could promote chin tucking, to relieve the pressure.  To test my hypothesis I configured the headgear to be positioned higher on my head, so the lower back headstrap is on, or above, my head's pivot point.   You know when you have achieved the optimum position because the mask's tension feeling will not change as you tilt your head up and down.   This idea was suggested for consideration only, since it has had only one test subject. . . Me!  

Take care!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The collar is the most reliable fix. There is no problem with a pillow fix. It may take trying several pillows..

The advantage you have gained is that you now know to look for the clustering of obstructive events and it is important.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Crimson Nape

Can you provide which dog-pillow you use? Did you notice much AHI improvements from using those pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a search for, Contour Products, CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow  I've had mine for so long its name is no longer recognized.  This one seems to look like it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 159 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,534 04-19-2024, 04:05 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 368 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,230 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 250 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,956 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,700 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.