Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
RE: CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
Thanks @Crimson Nape

I got high leakage last night likely due to loosening my mask too much and my AHI shot up pretty high.  This was with a shallower pillow. I don't know how I can keep the head tilt resistance balanced for up and down tilts and also keep my mask from leaking.  Today I will be getting my cervical collar, and I will see how that goes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I finally landed on a good fitting cervical collar, and used one last night.  Look at the number!  Perhaps it does work, I will have to see if it's consistent in the long run!

I had issues with getting the right size and realized that I have to go half in inch down from my measurements as the way they are shaped, they don't fit exactly measured. Also, I went back to my F20 mask.

Also, is it possible that my AHI numbers could be this low with collar on only without a CPAP? Is it worth doing a sleep test to see if it's the case?

Post Reply Post Reply
not the case. Set EPR = OFF for one night, you will see a difference, then reset it. You still need a CPAP. IF you had a biLevel, and you do not need one, I'd have you set PS=4 (EPR=4 equivalent).
Post Reply Post Reply
Why EPR as a test? That would tell me a lot? I'm going to get a sleep test kit and try one night with only cervical collar and see if my AHI is up.

Something else I want to point out is that I got good nights sleep (feel that's I've rested) and AHI was low. I've had rare occasions AHI down to .24 in the past, but with hardly getting any sleep. Which makes sense because if you not not resting completely, you're air passage way is still open due to being mainly wake I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
You asked about going with a collar and dropping the CPAP, possible, dropping EPR should cause your events to go up proving the need for a CPAP without either the cost or the time for a sleeptest.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thing to remember is the collar addressed positional Apnea only. The CPAP addressed the other Obstructive and Hypopnea events. Combined, they have you at 0.57 AHI. Unless you've self-diagnosed and bought the CPAP yourself, you were tested to have Apnea requiring treatment via CPAP. So you have Apnea, and the collar will not rid you of it other than the positional portion.

PS IF you want to prove it, OK then set your CPAP to straight 4 and EPR off. What's the AHI then with collar? That's the least CPAP therapy you can attain, and capturing data to see in OSCAR. This isn't accurate like a lab test, but if you do that and see Apnea then you still have it. Personally I've never heard of an Apnea case where you no longer need PAP with the exception of mild Apnea patients that lost a lot of weight or something similar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, thank you all so much for advice on the collar.  It does seem to be consistently helping nigh after night after using it for a few nights.

My previously posted Oscar result (with my first day usage of the collar) showed a fairly low AHI value of .57, and I've notice slight increase in the value after a few days of usage, and the number hovering around a little over 1.  Can you guys let me know if the number could be in anyway improved or stabilized to a lower value?  Attached are my Oscar results from 3 more consequtive nights after the first day usage of the collar.

Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
What collar are you using? How did you get your Oscar to show a smaller view?

Thanks, 
John
Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply
Medibot Soft Foam Cervical Collar Neck Support Brace for Sleeping Neck Pain (White, M)

Not sure what you mean show a smaller view. I just use F12 for print the app screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Your screen shot is much more condense, I suppose it is my computer.

Congrats on doing great with cervical collar. Who knew it could make such a difference?

John
Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 165 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,545 04-19-2024, 04:05 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 376 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,235 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 256 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,957 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,702 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.