Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
CorruptAlligator - CPAP Problems
Hi everyone, 

I have a puzzling situation I've recently ran into.  I had some issues with time being incorrect on my APAP, and tried to change the date, and it would tell me I couldn't change my date to the past, so I searched around for a solution, and it was to wipe out the memory of my APAP device.

I wiped it out, and went to clinical settings to get my settings back to what it was before, and last nigh was the first night using the device after this memory wipe.  My AHI numbers shot up from .95 to 6.69.  And I don't know what happened?!  I set all the settings back to before the memory wipe, and only thing I notice is different is my Climate Control is on Manual now (auto in the past before the memory wipe).   I prefer the temperature of the air to be around 70F, and I thought it was on manual before at 70, but OSCAR shows it wasn't. 

Question is, what could have changed to shoot my AHI so high after the memory wipe?  Does the APAP learn my behavior over time, and I wiped out that memory?  Could it be that my nose gotten stuffy due to the climate control going from manual to auto and feeling like air intake being limiting?  It feel like this last time when I woke up, the air-intake felt a bit limiting than in the past.  It's puzzling because the pressure setting is the same as before.

I've attached screenshots of before and after the memory wipe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI went up from erasing memory on my CPAP?
everything on the second graph has 2 of everything.  4 pressure (2min 2max)  I think somehow you doubled your chart??   Go to date at the top left of the screen the go down to advanced and purge current day (be sure you are on the correct day).  Then reload the data as normal.  I think your numbers will be different..
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 02:17 PM)staceyburke Wrote: everything on the second graph has 2 of everything.  4 pressure (2min 2max)  I think somehow you doubled your chart??   Go to date at the top left of the screen the go down to advanced and purge current day (be sure you are on the correct day).  Then reload the data as normal.  I think your numbers will be different..

Thanks, I just got my ResMed result just now and it's 3.3 AHI from last night, and it seems OSCAR has added last night's data with the prior one that was never acknowledged due to the 'past date' issue that I ran into in the system. Since I could only set the date in the future for one of the nights, two nights of data was recognized as one night on a specific date.

I wonder if there is a way to split the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try purging the data from the night in error, then re-import the data. Use the Menu / Data / Purge current day (or day-range you want to purge). When you import the data, the days will not be duplicated. Oscar uses the date stamp from the data in the machine, so if there are errors there, it can't do much with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try purging the data from the night in error, then re-import the data.  Use the Menu / Data / Purge current day (or day-range you want to purge). When you import the data, the days will not be duplicated.  Oscar uses the date stamp from the data in the machine, so if there are errors there, it can't do much with it.

Ok, what you are saying is delete one of the nights of data, but both nights was marked for the same date.  If I purge, then wouldn't it purge both nights data since both fall under the same date?

I think what I need is to be able to modify the date stamp, so I can separate out the two sets of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
At some point you're going to lose a day in Oscar. Does it matter? That is the penalty of changing your CPAP data. It's easier to do it now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out humidity setting is super important to reduce AHI
So, in this thread I posted that my AHI went up drastically due to a setting, and it was my humidity setting.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...on-my-CPAP

My AHI was less than 1 when my humidity setting was on Auto, and after I wiped the memory on my APAP, I forgot to set it back on Auto, and my AHI shot up to 3.3!  And my nose seemed to have gotten stuffy and my nose was having difficulty breathing, and I believe it was due to lack of humidity in the air.  

And then last night I set my humidity back to Auto, and drastically went down to .6.  Crazy!  Something to consider guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I found out humidity setting is super important to reduce AHI
I leave all the settings on my machine on autoCool
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone know how it works on Auto? Does it have some kind of sensor to sense the humidity of the room and adjusts accordingly?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 01:24 PM)xdestry Wrote: Anyone know how it works on Auto?  Does it have some kind of sensor to sense the humidity of the room and adjusts accordingly?

No idea, but you can check if you area has ideal humidity on your phone weather app.  Where I live is quite dry, and I'm starting to realize it's the reason behind my flare-ups at night, and resulting in poor sleep.  My body wasn't used to so low moisture in the air as I recently moved to a dry climate.  

I'm starting to think that my main cause of sleep apnea is the lack of humidity, but only way to find out is by using a humidifier and no CPAP.  

Does anybody know how dry air effects the nasal passage ways?  Does dry air inflame it and as result cause constriction? Is there a good webpage with a detailed explaintion?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,563 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 996 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.