Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
RE: Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
(08-04-2020, 10:22 AM)vrapche031 Wrote: That one is not working correctly, they are selling it for parts from what I noticed. I will give it one more shot with my doctor and then buy it on my own if they dont play along.

It's only missing the power brick, except that it's fine. You can mail them and ask directly.

(08-04-2020, 10:22 AM)vrapche031 Wrote: Wait this is really the only difference? The Vauto wont have anything missing? Like there is nothing that Vauto cant do that the other one can?

VAuto has comfort settings that you can use to fine-tune it to your own breathing pattern. To describe it in simple words, it's insane of how much of a difference these settings make when it comes to comfort. My best gain in therapy was when I switched to VAuto and fined tuned these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
The Vauto uses automatic pressure adjustment like the Autoset. It uses true bilevel pressure support that is not limited, and can be set in 0.2 cm increments rather than just 1, 2 or 3 cm. If you need 4 or 5 cm of pressure support it is there. If you need 4.2, that is possible as well. In addition, the vauto is the only machine that has adjustments for the sensitivity to trigger inhale or cycle to exhale, and can even be set to provide a minimum or maximum time of inspiration. These settings are virtually unknown to most doctors, but they can be used to customize the delivery and timing of pressure to the finest degree of any bilevel on the market. As you can see in my profile, the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is my choice, and will be for my next machine as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for the VAuto here. I bought one lightly used and keep my old Autoset as a backup. I find I do well with pressure support of 4.8. More, and I tend to see more central apneas and aerophagia; less, and I see considerably more flow limitations and the problems they bring. I don't need to change any of the more advanced settings from their defaults, but as ardenum says, they can really make a difference if you need them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I will definitely push for that device next week.

I did increase my min pressure by 1, now its 8 to 14. Slept fine and dont feel any worse today. Should I keep this for a couple of days or should I push it up to 9 right away? Im not sure if I need to give myself some time to adjust
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Prisma Smart provide any onboard sleep analysis data? If so, did it change?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back Vrapche031. By increasing pressure to 8.0, you felt better after a night of sleep. We can infer that your problem was obstructive in nature and that the higher minimum pressure helped to resolve those events. That is certainly a step in the right direction. When titrating by "feel" I like to pause at a successful place for 2-3 days to establish a baseline. The next step will be to increase pressure to 9.0. By using the pressure setpoint of 8.0 for 2 days you will have a better basis to compare the next pressure increment. We usually progress upward in pressure until no benefit is detected, or things are less comfortable, then return to the previous successful pressure. It's a harder way to optimize, but before software and data this is how we did it. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 08:58 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Does the Prisma Smart provide any onboard sleep analysis data? If so, did it change?

I just see the number of obstructive and central apneas each hour. Had 3/h OA and 3/h CA last night. They are usually really random for me, every night is different. So this one was in the normal ranges I would say.

(08-05-2020, 09:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Welcome back Vrapche031. By increasing pressure to 8.0, you felt better after a night of sleep. We can infer that your problem was obstructive in nature and that the higher minimum pressure helped to resolve those events. That is certainly a step in the right direction. When titrating by "feel" I like to pause at a successful place for 2-3 days to establish a baseline. The next step will be to increase pressure to 9.0. By using the pressure setpoint of 8.0 for 2 days you will have a better basis to compare the next pressure increment. We usually progress upward in pressure until no benefit is detected, or things are less comfortable, then return to the previous successful pressure. It's a harder way to optimize, but before software and data this is how we did it. Good luck!

Thank you for your support on this, I really appreciate it. Alright, I will keep it at 8 for 1 more night and come back after that.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doc got sick so I still didnt get a chance to push for the switch to the vauto.

I raised my pressure to 8-14 last week and had it like that for a couple of days. I felt more or less the same and the numbers the same as before.

On the last night with min pressure of 8, I had a higher amount of central apneas - OA: 3/h, CA: 5/h

Then I raised it to 9-14 and since then for the last 4 days my numbers went up :

Day 1 : OA : 2/h, CA : 8/h
Day 2 : OA : 3/h, CA : 6/h
Day 3 : OA : 2/h, CA : 6/h
Day 4 : OA : 3/h, CA : 9/h

On day 1,2 and 3 I did not feel any worse than on the previous days. I even woke up feeling ok-ish, not rested but not destroyed. Today I woke up absolutely destroyed and I feel like crap the whole day, but my fitbit also shows that I kept waking up and that in total I slept less than on the previous days.

I am not sure if this is due to the pressure increase or because this week it got so damn hot that its been harder to sleep. The first night where the central apneas went higher were still on 8 min pressure, so it might be the weather. I will leave it on 9 for a couple more days and then see, if it stays like this I will lower it to 8.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the onset of central apnea, we need to reduce pressure, so your approach is correct to move back towards comfort. I doubt a Vauto is going to be appropriate, and you can simply move to the Airsense 10 Autoset instead. It will be very helpful to see your therapy in OSCAR. Your therapy is going to optimize with positive pressure in a smaller range and less pressure support or EPR, so don't worry about requesting bilevel. The therapy provided by the Airsense 10 is nearly identical and seems appropriate to the range of pressure you tolerate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Would the Airsense 10 offer anything more than what my Prisma SMART can do ? Or is it just because of the lack of data?

And if I do get a chance to get the VAuto, should I just go for that one since it seems that it offers the same as Airsense 10 + other things ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 10 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.