Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Coushin Breakin Period?
Coushin Breakin Period?
Does anyone find that they need a few days of use to get a new coushin to fit best.  My coushins for my F30i have to be replaced every 2-4 weeks but when I start using the "fresh" coushin it feels stiff and takes a few days to settle in, during this period my count increases and then eventually drops.  Is this a normal process?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Coushin Breakin Period?
I use the F20 and have no problems with new cushions but haven't changed one in a while. Are you changing cushions every 2-4 weeks based on the suppliers recommendations or are they failing in some way. I change cushions about every 9-12 months. They last much longer than the recommended replacement frequency. Many of the veterans here use cushions and other supplies much longer than the suppliers recommend.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Coushin Breakin Period?
I'm replacing every 2-4 weeks because the fit starts to degrade and more leakage starts.  I then have to adjust more throughout the night  and my AHI starts to inch upward. I'm a bit of a restless sleeper on both sides and back all night. A month is rare and a big relief and I wish I could to it more often. My supplier (Medicare) gives me enough to just get through the period (3months).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What Makes This Period of Time an Hypopnea Event? Trevor G 1 412 07-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can central sleep apnea go away for a period of time and then return? joseph421 9 965 03-29-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 706 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac
  Any danger of low oxygen in Ramp Up period chris94546 3 1,041 10-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Disturbances later in sleeping period Greenbean 2 1,382 06-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Greenbean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.