Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap humidifier cleaning
Cpap humidifier cleaning
Hi can any one tell me how to clean cpap humidifier with hydrogen peroxide 6%? Can hydrogen peroxide take care of molds in me humidifier the slippery thing around cpap inner wall?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap humidifier cleaning
Most just use a little dawn with a quick rinse and air dry. If one wanted to use hydrogen peroxide , I would think a spray bottle would be the solution. Spray on a fine mist , let it sit a few minutes, rinse and air dry. 

Also , vinegar is wonderful for removing the slime.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's a slimy feeling film it's bacteria, not mold. Wash with mild detergent then pour in some peroxide, swish it around, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse and dry. That should take care of it. The bacteria that produce the biofilm you are seeing are not pathogens so you don't need to worry about exposure. I'm not suggesting you not clean it off. There's just no need to worry about it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the peroxide and Q-tip swabs to reach the recesses. I don't need it very often if I remove the humidifier and let it dry daily, but sometimes the "pink slime" bacterial will colonize the humidifier chamber. As Melman said this is a bacteria, and it is more of an aesthetic problem as it is not generally pathogenic. It will grow in water systems, pools, spas, showers and is airborne to reproduce, so it can happen to anyone wherever moist conditions exist. It seems to also respond to vinegar rinses with scrubbing from the Q-tips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks guys will do as you suggested
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,794 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.