Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Caro2020 - Therapy Thread
RE: Caro2020 - Therapy Thread
I reached out to my doctor and I do have to wait until sleep study is done.  So hopefully will find some clues or answers about the ca's and flow limits during the study.
Post Reply Post Reply
What test is being ordered? If diagnostic, I would not expect anything new. If titration, ask for evaluation of bilevel to move to ASV. They can even start with CPAP, but if the order is for a CPAP titration, that is all you will get. Having a multi-mode titration means they keep going to find the best solution for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2024, 10:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What test is being ordered?  If diagnostic, I would not expect anything new. If titration, ask for evaluation of bilevel to move to ASV. They can even start with CPAP, but if the order is for a CPAP titration, that is all you will get.  Having a multi-mode titration means they keep going to find the best solution for you.

Is there a single thread detailing what to ask at the initial visit, the sleep study, and a follow-up visit. Sort of a template. It never occurred to me to ask for a multi-mode titration.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a wiki article that hasn't been written. Multi-mode titrations are actually pretty common, and are no harder to perform. The clinical titration machines are capable of providing the major PAP therapies CPAP, Bilevel, bilevel with backup (ST), ASV and ST-A (AVAPS/iVAPS). It's the personnel that don't know how to run more complex tests, and doctors that think sleep apnea is a nail, and it needs to be hit with CPAP. I'm sure you know what I'm getting at. Multi-mode titration tests require a more complex plan and some greater technician experience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 66 1,034 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 360 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 69 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,335 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,552 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 595 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.