Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Caro2020 - Therapy Thread
RE: Why would minimumg pressure & EPAP now be 0
Definitely okay to take the mask off and turn off the machine when you get up during the night. You can look at your OSCAR charts to see all the data you need and it'll show when you take it off.

Some folks turn off both Smart start and stop but personally, I keep Smart start on. I just like having the machine start automatically.  I keep Smart stop off.
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Caro2020,

You have an Air10, therefore SmartStart and SmartStop are coupled and cannot be separately turned off or on. They are both on or both off. I'm not a big fan of SmartStop, but to me SmartStart is well worth the keeping them both on. I have an Air10 as well.

Brazen's description of how SmartStop works is not accurate and misleading. SmartStop does not turn the machine off because it no longer senses some one breathing. It turns the machine off, when there is sufficiently little air flow resistance caused by somebody no longer attached to the mask. There have been some claims that leaks that are extremly high and sustained can trigger SmartStop to turn off.

But describing SmartStop as turning the machine off, because it doesn't detect breathing, is not helpful and can imply something like long apnea or shallow breathing can result in the machine turning off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not know the SmartStart and SmartStop are all or nothing with the AS10. My mistake.
Personal preference to use or not.
I know there were times my AS11 SmartStop turned it off with the mask still on my face (not leaking) so it's not a feature I trust.

@Dogslobber.
I wasn't aware of the technical description of the SmartStop function nor was it my intention to describe it technically.  
I can see how a practical interpretation, with only my personal experience of what appeared to happen with my own SmartStop, could be misleading as a description of the actual mechanical process within the machine. That was not my intention. 
I meant it more as a malfunction scenario. 
It very well could be designed to function by calculating air flow resistance.  It's only in my personal experience that it did not function correctly and therefore led me to conclude it could malfunction related to breath.
Please forgive my inaccurate statement.
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Most Clear Airway episodes in the AM ?
Getting frustrated because seems like I was doing really well first several months and now its hit or miss.  I attached two reports, one not good and one good.  Settings were the same execpt humidity level was a 2 on the better one and a 3 on the higher AHI.    Seems my numbers are more frequently between the 4-5 range with a few 2 and 3 thrown in. This was even before adjusting pressures etc.  [attachment=48279][attachment=48280] I am still having difficulty understanding what the charts mean, so I don't see anything that might give me an answer as to why one night would be so  good and the other higher.  Maybe I need to keep a journal of my daily activities to see if anything gives me a hint.   I am a little lower on the pressure then 7, you had mentioned going to 7, so maybe I should adjust a little a night to get to that.  I have gone as high as 6.6 but brought it back down.  Just seemed a bit high to me when using the machine, but maybe not.  The numbers were good.  The flow limit is still running the same.    

Post Reply Post Reply
Caro2020, I think you might see fewer CA events with EPR set to 2 rather than 3. Since there are no obstructive events, higher pressure is probably not going to help, and with the lower EPR your current minimum pressure will be fine and allow full range of EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, will adjust to 2 for tonight.  I get overwhelmed sometimes with the numbers.  Should the EPR be on full time ? which is where I have it
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, EPR - Full Time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious about oxygen levels on Airsense10
I have the Airsense10 and notice the 11 has more data on the report.  I am still deciphering the Oscar charts, but is there a way to see how your oxygen levels are while using the Airsense10 or do I need another device ?  And if so, does anyone have any suggestions ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious about oxygen levels on Airsense10
I'm not aware of any difference in data information. Please list this additional information. You need either the O2 module for the AS10 or a 3rd party recording oximeter. I don't believe that Resmed has released the oximetry module for the AS11. Due to the high cost of the Resmed oximeter ($1000 approx.) most use a Wellue/Viatom or a Contec 50F.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious about oxygen levels on Airsense10
I was looking at a post recently on here, but can't remember where, but under the RERA line on the users daily report there were a few more percentages lilsted and I noticed the machine was an Airsense 11 and I thought there was a line oxygen related.  I remember asking at the place I picked my machine up, about seeing oxygen levels while you sleep and it was more like well if your AHI is good then you are fine.   But I would prefer to have a sense of where it is during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 5 194 13 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 957 1 hour ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 7 155 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,621 4 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,551 5 hours ago
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,263 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 85 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.